Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management (Backhaul Finance/Accounting)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1756389
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management (Backhaul Finance/Accounting) role will support month-end close activities for the Backhaul Administration team as well as ongoing accounting and finance support related to budgeting/forecasting. Other key responsibilities would include presenting financial results to leadership during monthly P&L reviews and managing a team of 3 associates that handle accounts receivable, accounts payable, and daily exceptions. This exciting opportunity will offer budget and P&L oversight of a large-scale backhaul revenue plan and you will work primarily with the Backhaul Administration teams (Customer Service and Pricing), Transportation Finance, Product, Fleet Operations, Financial Services, as well as external supplier partners. The role is part of the Supply Chain Management team (Transportation/E2E Delivery) based in Bentonville, AR and reports to the Director, Supply Chain Management (Backhaul Administration).
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Have a strong financial acumen (including a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 1 years’ experience in finance, accounting or related area OR 3 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area)
- Have prior transportation or supply chain experience
- Enjoy working with big data and have an ability to boil it down to concise, key insights
- Are experienced with managing month-end close activities
- Have familiarity with SAP or other accounting software
- Are highly proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and other technical tools (PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Desire continued growth and learning at a world-class organization
You’ll make an impact by…
- Owning budgeting and P&L oversight of a growing backhaul network that reduces Walmart transportation cost and contributes to our Every Day Low Cost culture
- Leading and informing accounts receivables by managing collections, over/short postings, manual billings, and reviews of aging items (over 90 days)
- Handling accounts payable functions including, but not limited to, toll payments, fuel payments, and payments for other Fleet or backhaul-related activities
- Managing Walmart Fleet’s relationship with nationwide toll providers
- Designing and deploying financial/accounting flows within our Transportation Management System (TMS) platform
- Auditing and approving numerous journal entries on daily weekly/cadence
- Conducting root-cause analysis to identify and diagnose revenue/cost trends
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 4 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related
area OR 6 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
2 years’ experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Dispatch, Fleet Management, Network Analysis, Retail Logistics OperationsMasters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply ChainProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth