Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Principal, Technology Operations | Marketplace
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Technology Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1748409
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Global Tech is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Principal Program Manager (Tech Operations)to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the development of large-scale, cross-functional projects in a multi-disciplinary environment. If you thrive on solving complex problems and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with passionate software developers, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. As our business continues to expand into new opportunities and evolve with innovations in marketplace , supply chain and customer experience, we have an exciting opportunity to build software that scales our operations, leads the industry through innovation, and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting-edge technologies such as big data, machine learning, AI, real-time analytics, and high-volume, low-latency, high-availability services to achieve these goals.
About Team: Marketplace
Marketplace Engineering team is at the forefront of building core platforms and services to enable Walmart to deliver vast selection at competitive prices and with best-in-class post-order experience by enabling third-party sellers to list, sell and manage their products to our customers on walmart.com. We do this by managing the entire seller lifecycle, monitoring customer experience, and deliver high- value insights to our sellers to help them plan their assortment, price, inventory. The team also actively collaborates with partner platform teams to ensure we continue to deliver the best experience to our sellers and our customers.
What you'll do: As a Principal Program Manager, your primary responsibilities will involve:
- Manage large software development projects. You will provide strategic guidance and leadership in developing and implementing program management strategies. This includes setting long-term goals and objectives that align with the organization's vision and mission.
- Your role will encompass overseeing the planning, execution, and delivery of various programs, ensuring that all program activities are conducted in accordance with organizational standards and objectives. This responsibility involves monitoring program timelines, budgets, and resource allocations.
- You will act as a primary liaison between program managers, executive leadership, and other stakeholders, ensuring clear communication and alignment of program goals with the organizational strategy. Part of your role is to address and resolve any conflicts or discrepancies that may arise between different stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for regularly providing comprehensive reports on program status and progress to executive leadership. This includes analyzing program performance, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing changes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness. Working closely with program, product, business and engineering leaders is essential to ensure the successful completion of programs.
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across Walmart, ensuring alignment on roles, responsibilities, and program cadences, is also a key part of your role. This includes defining goals, stage gates, critical delivery paths, and key deliverables for large-scale programs that incorporate multiple programs with dependencies across various areas of work, timelines, and resource constraints.
- Prioritizing efficient engineering resource utilization and delivery, you will need to simplify and clarify priorities and create plans with appropriate milestones for advance planning and executive buy-in.
- Additionally, you will provide guidance and make decisions on complex issues affecting program management, addressing challenges and obstacles in program execution with effective problem-solving skills.
- Establishing a resource capacity allocation process and tool to transform the planning process is another critical aspect of your role. Your problem-solving and decision-making skills will be crucial in navigating any setbacks or risks that may arise. Overall, as a seasoned professional, your expertise and passion for driving technical projects to success will be invaluable in this role at Walmart Global Tech.
What you'll bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent.
- Overall, around 18 years of technical experience with 10+ years of leadership experience as a Technical Program Manager in software delivery within a related industry managing aggressive schedules and significant business impact.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence and effectively manage and motivate program managers and engineers.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing matrix team and leading teams, setting clear goals, providing feedback.
- Exceptional ability to run efficient program execution while maintaining accountability and fostering a collaborative and empowering work environment.
- Experience supporting and executing a large software portfolio, collaborating with multiple business stakeholders.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, with a love for data and solving complex problems.
- Expertise in change & risk management methodologies, project management tools, techniques, project tracking tools, dashboards, and reports
- Strong communicator in both verbal and written forms and are equally adept in communicating upwards, outwards, and downward.
- Deep understanding of JIRA, JIRA Align, Big Picture, etc. would be advantageous.
About Walmart Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, Hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $117,000.00-$234,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 5 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.Option 2: 7 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 4 years' experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Primary Location...840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth