Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Human Resource Office/Training Manager (Fashion, Grocery, Import, Regional, Returns, Sam's, Wm.com)
- Location SHEPHERDSVILLE, KY
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function People Partner
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1728146
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Supply Chain
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Supply Chain People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models, and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design, and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Walmart Supply Chain, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
Our Fulfillment Center #9074 in Shepherdsville, KY is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team of 350+ associates. If you are a natural leader, and want to make an impact, you will be right at home in our people-centric culture! One of your top objectives will be to attract and retain the best people. In this role, you will support a broad range of HR functions to include but not limited to employee engagement, training, and development, recruiting and staffing, onboarding and new hire orientation, employee relations and strategic HR initiatives.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- 2 + years of HR experience
- You have a demonstrated passion for working with people while growing associates and leaders in your organization.
- Experience in a warehouse, logistics, or manufacturing setting, supporting both hourly associates and salaried leaders.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise training managers and associates.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Implement the business plan for area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads, and ensuring associates complete required training in order to achieve facility goals.
- Manage daily administrative functions of the HR office (e.g., benefits, hiring/transfers, terminations, payroll) by executing and refining recruiting and staffing initiatives; and researching and addressing employment-related concerns for applicants, associates, and managers.
- Ensure compliance with company HR policies by reviewing and managing the accuracy, confidentiality, and maintenance of HR-documents; assisting in the implementation of and ensuring compliance with HR systems applications; and researching to gathering data for HR related issues.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on Logistics and company policies, standards and procedures and monitoring compliance, distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
- Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
- Manage and coordinate training (e.g., new hire orientation, CBL modules, web-based training, virtual classroom) for Distribution and/or Transportation associates by helping to identify training and development needs for hourly associates, Drivers, and/or management; monitoring the completion of training curricula; presenting and facilitating training courses; and monitoring the schedules, completion deadlines, and compliance for multiple training activities.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
- Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
- Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
- Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Associate's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year's supervisory experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field OR 2 years' Walmart Logistics management experience OR 2 years' supervisory experience, including 1 year's experience managing human resource processes OR 1 year's Walmart Stores, Inc. Human Resources experience.
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Human Resources, Microsoft Office, Supervising Associates, Training and Facilitation, Walmart Logistics SystemsBachelors: Business, Bachelors: LogisticsHuman Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Sr. Professional HR (SPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification
Primary Location...120 VELOCITY WAY, SHEPHERDSVILLE, KY 40165-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth