Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
2024 Early Career FT: Supply Chain - Innovation & Automation (Manager, Automation Engineering)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Automation Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1727661
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Supply Chain: Innovation & Automation (I&A)
Sam Walton founded our company with the belief that the customer is #1. It is not just a belief, but our way of doing business. Our Supply Chain Team is at the forefront of a retail transformation where you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways.
Walmart’s I&A team strives to maintain focus on what we are doing and why. We are focused on automating facilities with innovative technology for a regenerative future. Together we are delivering value and maximizing efficiency across the supply chain to better quality and service to our customers.
Our Segments: I&A
The I&A team consists of four different segments, including Ambient, Grocery, Fulfillment and Transportation. As an I&A intern, you will work in one of the four segments.
- Ambient: The Ambient team is automating our ambient facilities with innovative technology for a regenerative future. This team delivers value by maximizing efficiency across our supply chain and stores to better serve our Walmart customers.
- Grocery: The Grocery engineering team supports the growing needs of the grocery distribution center network by deploying innovative automated solutions to increase capacity, improve associate friendliness, and help grocery distribution centers to supply Walmart Stores and Sam’s Clubs with the quality groceries our customers expect.
- Fulfillment: The Fulfilment team works closely with robotics and automation to come up with innovative ideas to serve our customers. Imagine your Walmart order being fulfilled 100% by robots, and you are the one to make that happen, by enabling the technology and tech products behind it.
- Transportation: Our Transportation team revolutionizes Walmart’s transportation fleet in support of our corporate commitment to achieve zero emissions across global operations by 2040.
As an Automation Engineer in I&A, you will…
- Design, implement, and improve engineered solutions
- Use an innovative and analytical mindset to transform processes
- Perform industry research to identify new technology and industry partners
- Identify short-term and long-term opportunities within Walmart’s End-to-End (E2E) Supply Chain
- Work with cross-functional teams, utilizing your engineering and project management skills to identify opportunities, propose solutions, design systems and demonstrate financial impact
- Manage vendor relationships and technology portfolios throughout the full product lifecycle including research & development, proof-of-concept testing, full-scale deployment, maintenance and KPI tracking
- Contribute to the team’s strategy by developing business cases, writing white papers, and communicating findings at all levels of leadership
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges and want to make a big impact on one of the largest supply chains in the world, then this role could be the fit you have been looking for!
Office Environment: You could be placed in either a Corporate (Home Office) setting or a Field (Distribution/Fulfillment Center) setting
Locations: Our Corporate Home Office and Field warehouse locations vary across the U.S.
Location availability is limited based on assigned role and business need
Desired Majors: Industrial & Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Supply Chain Management, and other relevant majors
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program currently
- Expected graduation date between December 2023—August 2024
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 2 years’ experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area. Option 2: 4 years’
experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth