Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Area Manager - Transportation Office (transportation)
- Location RED BLUFF, CA
- Career Area Drivers & Transportation
- Job Function Transportation Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1727102
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Transportation
The Area Manager in Transportation is a crucial role that leads and motivates our amazing group of drivers and Associates, while assuring the daily operation is running. Our ideal candidate will manage the day-to-day operations of a Private Fleet Transportation office by ensuring high levels of engagement between our Office, Dispatchers, Distribution Center, and Stores. They will lead our business unit by focusing on our metrics and our company’s strong culture and values of Respect for the Individual, Service to the Customer, Strive for Excellence and Act with Integrity. We are creating an industry best End-to-End Supply Chain and saving customers money so they can live better!
What you'll do:
- Overseeing daily operation of inbound/outbound freight.
- Ensure high levels of engagement between our Office, Dispatchers, Distribution Center, and our Stores.
- Responsible for daily reporting.
- Excel in a busy environment, multi-tasking, prioritizing, while taking care of our Associates and customers.
- Identify associate, customer, and supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations to resolve.
- Oversee and develop associates by assigning responsibilities and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance, and providing feedback; teaching, supporting, and modeling Logistics and company procedures; identify training needs.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications:Associate's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field OR 1 year Walmart Logistics experience OR 1 year transportation experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Microsoft Office, Supervising Associates, WalmartBachelors: Business, Bachelors: Logistics
Primary Location...10817 STATE HIGHWAY 99W, RED BLUFF, CA 96080-7747, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth