Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Associate, Apparel Designer
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Research and Development
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1726614
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you passionate about fashion & design? Do you want to work for the largest retailer in the world? If so, you might be the perfect fit for the Associate Designer position at Walmart! As an Associate Designer, you will partner with our leadership team to execute the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery. You will be creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Researching and identifying trend directions; creating digital concept/mood boards, analyzing collections, and reviewing fabrics & design concepts
- Collaborate with the design team in creating and developing seasonal apparel collections for our youth, men's, women's and athletic private label brands.
- Sketching, draping, fitting, fabric sourcing, trend research, and presentation preparation.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as merchandising, production, and quality assurance to ensure that our products meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Have a strong eye for detail, a creative and imaginative approach to design, and the ability to work within a fast-paced private-label
- Have 3-5 years of previous fashion design experience
- Have proficiency in Adobe AI & PS; Windows PowerPoint
- Have experience with Illustrator sketching
- The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for detail, a creative and imaginative approach to design, and the ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...45 W 25th St, New York, NY 10010, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth