Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Staff, Software Engineer
- Location BELLEVUE, WA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1724625
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
In the role of Staff Software Engineer on the WebPOS Checkout Experience team, you will collaborate with a talented group of frontend engineers to develop a seamless checkout experience. This checkout system will be employed by our customers who utilize self-checkout kiosks.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with architects, product managers, UX designers, and operations teams to ensure the development of secure, stable, and scalable products for our members.
Our team is dedicated to enhancing the customer experience by leveraging technological innovation to empower team members, stores, and merchants. With a wide range of offerings, from groceries and entertainment to sporting goods and crafts, Walmart U.S. provides our customers with extensive choices whether they shop online at Walmart.com, use our mobile apps, or visit our physical stores.
Our team's focus areas include improving the customer experience, enhancing in-store services, developing merchant tools, utilizing data science for merchants, and optimizing search and personalization capabilities.
Our team works closely with our US stores and eCommerce business to better serve customers by empowering team members, stores, and merchants with technological innovation. From groceries and entertainment to sporting goods and crafts, Walmart U.S. offers an extensive selection that our customers value, whether they shop online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or in-store. Focus areas include customers, stores and employees, in-store service, merchant tools, merchant data science, and search and personalization.
What you'll do:
- Evaluating, identifying, estimating, and developing software solutions.
- Lead the design, architecture and reviews.
- Work on optimizing the products on Cloud Infra, cost, performance etc.
- Documenting and recording every aspect of an application or software.
- Mentoring and overseeing the activities of the members of the development team.
- Address complex technical issues and troubleshoot problems, implementing effective solutions.
- Developing good working relationships with other employees, such as Marketing Managers, Product Managers, Programmers and Engineer.
- Broad understanding of coding and programming languages.
- Experience with database design and data modeling..
- Excellent understanding of design patterns, principles and architectural styles.
- Proficient knowledge of the operation and development designs of agile software.
- Expertise with content management systems and CI/CD.
- Strong soft skills, including attention to detail, problem-solving and communication skills
What you'll bring:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and 10+ years of industry experience.
- At least 8 years of experience developing software in an agile team environment.
- Demonstrated experience creating scalable backend services that support critical application functions
- Experience in Design, Development, Coding, Testing, and Releasing to QA.
- Experience with monitoring app performance, stability, and using observability tools to optimize the application performance
- Experience using cloud service providers such as Azure and GCP for application deployment and monitoring
- Ability to Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews.
- A strong foundation of software design – know-how to create software that’s extensible, reusable, and meets desired architectural objectives.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $132,000.00-$264,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area
Primary Location...10500 Ne 8th St, Bellevue, WA 98004, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth