Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Advanced Analytics - WFS Operations
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1724191
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
If you want to position yourself in a highly impactful team that will help drive growth in key business areas for Walmart Fulfillment Services, this is the right team for you. The Director, Advanced Analytics is a tactical and thought-leadership role that will add value through strategic insights to help drive the acquisition and retention of the sellers on the WFS platform by ensuring we build the best in class supply chain capabilities. In this role, you will drive the growth of the WFS platform by partnering with our WFS Operations teams, and their partners across the supply chain.
You will identify, scope and measure opportunities across our supply chain from seller to the Walmart customer. Among other things, you will be responsible for bringing visibility to key seller, inventory, carrier, and fulfillment center operational trends, determine the right analytics strategies to implement & measure the impact of ongoing initiatives, lead your team to develop scorecards to track the key success metrics, recommend new strategies to test by conducting in-depth analyses on supply chain trends, as well as partner with cross functional analytics stakeholders to help uncover impactful insights from relevant areas of the business.
This is a highly visible and critical role where you will also help the team be less reactive and identify long term initiatives that can be quickly tested and then scaled for impact. The right leader must be able to thrive and succeed in a startup environment, trading off priorities and focusing on the most impactful things to align the team around. This role is built for a creative problem solver with at least 10 year’s experience building and leading analytics teams and capabilities, with a strong command of tools for data extraction, manipulation, visualization and modelling, along with a solid understanding of agile and project management methods. Communication and data storytelling will be a crucial part of this role as you will work with Senior Leadership and cross functional stakeholders as well as help ladder up your team’s abilities in this dimension. This role is remote, so your ability to proactively communicate and collaborate by building digital stakeholder relationships is key for success.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if...
- You are a creative problem solver
- You are someone who can operate with minimal direction once you get settled in.
- You love constantly monitoring the business, identifying opportunities and proposing solutions.
- You ask the right questions and think about how to creatively solve the problem with limited resources available - knowing when to trade off long term outcomes for short term wins and vice versa, as well as prioritizing speed over perfection, to enable business decisions.
- You are comfortable with the pace that comes with operations but can balance reactive responses with proactive solutions to advance self service of insights, while keeping your team focused on solving difficult problems. You’ll be focusing on multiple cross functional projects within and across operations to help drive proof of concept / prototype, implement algorithms, and track and improve performance through continuous improvements. Your agile and project management skills will be essential in managing stakeholder expectations, keeping your team focused on the right priorities, and ensuring that the team is delivering timely and impactful results.
- You love data storytelling: You can tease through data to identify trends and patterns and help prepare and deliver compelling data driven presentations to communicate analytical stories to cross-functional partners (e.g., account management, business operations, product) to gain buy-in. The typical audience for your work will be senior leadership in both analytics and business teams.
- You are a champion collaborator: You help identify use cases through cross-functional collaborations across the organization and influence partners through strategic insights (e.g., seller support, supply chain operation, inventory management). You partner with senior leadership to develop and drive data driven strategies and drive your roadmap based on current and future needs of stakeholders.
Benefits & Perks: Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your
performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 265 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in
diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 5 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 7 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
4 years' supervisory experience OR experience leading cross-functional teams
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Cluster analysis techniques, simulation, inferential statistics, neural networks, or data mining techniquesMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Primary Location...PHYLLIS ST. N OF HWY 102, WEST SIDE OF STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth