Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Insights Consulting (Walmart Business)
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1723500
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
While it’s important that Walmart continues to drive the day-to-day business and focuses on serving our customers today, it’s also critical we’re looking ahead to the customer and business needs of tomorrow. The Walmart Business team (https://business.walmart.com) is a group designed to do just that. This venture is a multi-billion-dollar opportunity rooted in leveraging existing Walmart assets, building new capabilities, innovating business models, and laying the groundwork for a sizeable new business.
The organization is currently seeking a Manager, Insights Consulting. The individual in this capacity will be customer-centric, and maintain an outside-in, big picture orientation for the future. Importantly, they will help set the sequence of strategic moves. This role reports to a Senior Manager, Business Strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Managing multiple cross-functional research projects that support our Walmart Business Team
- Building out and managing internal research panel (to build from MVP to north star) while managing the intake process cross functionally for research
- Running research end-to-end (design and draft instrument, project management, results analysis, sharing results with stakeholders)
- Running quarterly brand health research, cadenced message testing, strategic research, and membership benefit testing
- Managing office hours every other week for the Business team to build customer obsession
- Customer journey synthesis – connecting dots across multiple sources to create cohesive story
- Continued leveling up of Feedback sources – includes themes analysis and reporting and creating self-serve dashboards
- Competitive insights – distilling macro, customer, competitor, and tech trends into actionable insights
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing information from multiple sources, and organizing research and analytical findings to present clear, actionable solutions to strategic business issues.
- Crafting key insights and messaging in reports/executive presentations, translating findings and preliminary recommendations into actionable plans in a clear, compelling manner for non-technical audiences and senior leadership.
What You’ll Bring:
- Be a thought leader that can thrive and lead initiatives in a fast paced, rapidly growing, and challenging environment
- Thrive while balancing multiple workstreams and priorities under pressure and can also have FUN at work
- Analytical ability to synthesize information, triangulate findings, and create data-driven insights
- Impeccable communications experience breaking down complex analytical insights and key findings and delivering to senior leadership in a clear and concise manner
- Insatiable desire to understand the evolving customer
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Enjoy working in unstructured environments
Location: Dallas, TX or Bentonville, AR.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and 2 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field OR 4 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Business Administration
Primary Location...603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth