Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director, Technology Operations, Search Tech Business Partner
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Technology Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1723471
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the team:
As part of Walmart's eCommerce organization, you will be helping build the future of omni-channel retail. The mission of the Search team within is to help customers find and buy the right products from our expanding selection of inventory across stores, Walmart fulfillment and marketplace sellers.
About the role:
The Senior Director of Search Tech Business Partner works with product and engineering to prioritise, design and build the Walmart online search experience. By leading a forward-thinking team of Tech Business partners, this leader will help us understand the biggest customer pain points, size the potential impact and partner to create and deliver solutions.
Key deliverables and impact:
• Strategic Vision: Define the overarching vision and strategies for the Search experience, drawing from domain expertise, market trends, internal and external best practices, and by spotting market opportunities.
• Technology Alignment: Drive business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs, analyzing business objectives, and ensuring alignment around strategy, focus areas, and key decisions.
• Product Development: Partner with Product and Engineering to define quarterly product roadmaps, aligning business and technical requirements, transforming customer insights into actionable strategies, determining product rollout schemes, and mitigating risks.
• Data-Driven Decision Making: Utilize metrics, analytics, and other data sources to enhance product performance, make informed decisions, and refine product strategies.
• Complex Problem Solving: Partner with Product and Engineering to solve intricate search problems, using a pragmatic mix of tried and tested methods and new technologies ensuring a customer-centric approach in execution.
• Team Building & Mentorship: Foster a team-centric environment by hiring, training, mentoring, and overseeing a team of Business Leads, while championing diversity and inclusion.
• Collaborative Leadership: Establish and nurture relationships with key partners in Search product and tech and across the business, prioritizing initiatives in line with business goals and gaining buy-in from leadership.
• Lifecycle Management: Own the entire experience lifecycle, from initial customer insights to requirement definitions and research, to development, testing, and post-launch efforts.
• Stakeholder Communication: Build and communicate alignment around the Search experience direction, liaising with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including product, engineers, designers, and partners.
• Agile Methodology: Partner with product and engineering with an agile work ethic, adopting a test and learn mentality to continuously improve and adapt products based on feedback and evolving needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 10 years’ experience in business/product management of technically complex products.
• 5 years of experience in Retail / eCommerce Search preferred, with experience driving big, impactful end-to-end initiatives from front-end (customer experience) to back-end (algorithms and infrastructure).
• At least 3 years of experience successfully leading a team.
• Strong business acumen, with experience of managing profit and loss objectives and driving revenue and customer growth via defining and delivering tailored customer experiences.
• Strong technical background with a deep understanding of software development processes, methodologies and experience contributing to designing technical architecture.
• Solid understanding of the flow of the inventory from suppliers all the way to the customer’s doorstep.
• Adept at diving deep into search including algorithms and technical details.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are:
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business,information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 7 years’ experience inproject management, program management, program operations, or related area.Option 2: 9 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.4 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 6 years' experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth