Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager, Real Estate
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Asset and Property Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1723225
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Responsible for auditing all domestic land purchase and lease closings for the new store development teams, post-closing completion of files and uploading into systems of record. Audit all expansions of existing facilities, landbank, building disposition, distribution center, fulfillment center land purchases and leases, and conversion of use projects.
A law degree is highly desirable but not required.
• Perform an integrity check on the approved actions to assure that at closing, the deal approved by the Governing Committee, is substantially the deal at closing.
• Responsible for overseeing real estate transactional risk management for all acquisition deals for Walmart Realty.
• Audit and advise as to resolution of complex legal, design and business issues on pending real estate actions. This audit includes a review of the economic, legal, design, and environmental aspects of the action to ensure the deal conforms to that approved by the Real Estate Executive Committee and/or approved strategies including expansion of existing facilities.
• Reviews all pertinent closing documentation and ensures the terms are in accordance with the approved agenda and governance, and are being executed by the applicable business teams accurately and within company guidelines.
• Reviews pertinent legal, approval, and budget documents at each step of the internal audit and closing process to ensure compliance with approved terms, including, but not limited to, project reconciliations, agendas, purchase and sale agreements, leases, title commitments, surveys, site plans, settlement statements, deeds, development agreements, easements, covenants, restrictions, permits, environmental site assessments, geotechnical studies, and various legal memoranda.
• Facilitates internal closing meetings and advises company leadership on transactional risks prior to closing.
• Responsible for alerting the teams to resolving discrepancies between deal agenda and deal at closing. If unsuccessful in shaping the deal to conform, this person may require the team to seek executive leadership approvals as required by governance prior to proceeding.
• Maintains the integrity of the file for each new store project, post-closing, building expansion and the availability of critical information from such file to other departments via upload to REL.
Drives and implements compliance strategies by executing strategic plans; developing strategies for negotiations with government agencies to minimize financial and reputational corporate risks; maintaining and influencing relationships with federal and state governmental agencies to ensure fluid working conditions; recommending and implementing remedies to identified gaps or opportunities; and maintaining strategic relationships for collaboration on issue resolution.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to
others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the
Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field and 3 years’ experience in
architecture, construction management, engineering, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in architecture, construction management,
engineering, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Managing profit and loss reporting, Managing project budgets, Project Management, SupervisoryMasters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"You have to think of how to save the company money, save the store money, save the customer money—and one impacts the others."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth