Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Automation Engineering - International Supply Chain
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Automation Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1722405
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
In this role, you will directly influence the automation roadmap for Walmart's Global Markets changing how we deliver for our customers now and in the future!
About Walmart International Supply Chain
A regular day at Walmart International is centered around promoting our local businesses around the world through the power of Walmart. Our businesses operate in 23 countries, consolidated into 6 core operating markets. Our Home Office International team fuels the power of Walmart for the segment and is focused on both our store and digital businesses. Within Walmart International, our International Supply Chain team is passionate about solving the most important customer needs through talent development, evolving our globally assets, and developing the best solutions. Our mission is to future proof our business to deliver for our customers now, and most importantly, for our customers in the future.
You will work with Walmart's international supply chain teams to identify automation solutions that enhance operations, fulfillment, and transportation facilities. The objective is to use technology like robotics and augmented reality to deliver improved operational service and capacity, while also decreasing variable cost-to-serve.
How you'll make an impact:
- Directly influence the automation roadmap for each Walmart market (country) to include solutions and capital investment needed to achieve operational goals
- Lead the use of an internal lab to test and vet new technology and vendors to assess fit with Walmart operations and systems
- Influence and lead projects to install technology into stores, distribution, and fulfillment centers across multiple international markets
- Develop market teams, both organizationally and individual associates, to know how to identify operational needs and then test, pilot, and scale new automation technology
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated experience identifying automation solutions, designing process layouts using technology, and overseeing the installation of solutions into operations
- Knowledge of material handling processes and automation solutions available across the industry
- Working knowledge of automation providers and their solution capabilities
- Can work with and influence internal leaders across markets/cultures
- Can create mutually beneficial relationships with external automation vendors to enable collaborative development of new solutions
- Can identify team development needs and provide training that enables their growth
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 5 years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 7
years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Doctorate: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth