Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Benefits and Wellbeing
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Compensation & Benefits
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1722332
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance, and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
About the Team
This team supports and manages the strategy and execution of Leave, Short- and Long-Term Disability and Paid Family and Medical Leave Programs and portfolios. We evaluate program performance and trends, develop cross-functional assessments, evaluate modeling, cost analysis, funding, and employee contribution strategies while developing solutions for gaps and key opportunities.
About the Position: Senior Manager, Benefits and Wellbeing
What you’ll do...
- Manage the execution of absence management programs and related processes (leave of absence, short and long-term disability, paid time off and accommodations), to include plan design, analysis of Federal, State and local laws, development of training and resources, and oversight of system development and implementation.
- Analyze data to assess program performance and trends to make recommendations for program enhancements.
- Provide support to business partners by analyzing inquiries, partnering with appropriate stakeholders to ensure inquiries are resolved, business partners are supported, communicated to and issues are resolved.
- Respond to escalations regarding disability and leave including but not limited to pay issues, file issues, application of policy, requests for policy information/clarification, etc.
- Attend business partner and field meetings and provide trainings.
- Ensure project alignment with priorities and strategies throughout product life cycle by drafting product roadmap recommendations; analyzing alignment gaps and developing mitigation plans; and ensuring product work and prioritization is visible to team, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Manage the execution of HRIS projects for Absence Management-i.e. Workday, Payroll, etc. from the business perspective. This includes development of project roadmaps and ensuring the progress of the work product against established objectives, timelines, deliverables, and quality standards.
- Review new Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and case law to identify any program changes or reporting and controls needed to maintain compliance.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure performance in line with Walmart expectations, including conducting reviews and audits of vendor work.
- Lead team in conducting meetings, reviewing documents, requirements, project plans and composing reports.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with internal stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects.
- Be a change agent focused on the success of our business and its customers.
- Work independently and collaboratively with vendor partners and project team, while providing objective insights that support a change management mindset.
- Bring to the table strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment and achieve credibility at all levels of the organization, with strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Work in a challenging, fast-paced client environment, including staying focused on priority deliverables.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Human Resources, Information Systems, or related field and 3 years of experience in Absence and Disability or relevant area OR 5 years of experience in Absence and Disability or relevant area.
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability plan design experience
- Project Management Certification
- Human Resources Certification
- Human Resource Information System experience
About Northwest Arkansas
Walmart’s global headquarters are in Northwest Arkansas, ranked consistently in the top 5 best places to live in the country with the fastest growing economy through 2021! The area has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce, and entrepreneurialism. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains, NW Arkansas attracts outdoorsy types with its abundance of state parks, acres of community green space, playgrounds, parks, and walking trails. The metro area also boasts a first-class performing arts center, an active local food movement, live music venues and a dynamic festival scene. Join a fast-growing and evolving environment of arts and culture!
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Healthcare Administration, or related field and 2 years’ experience in benefits management, benefits administration, healthcare regulatory compliance, or relevant area OR 4 years’ experience in benefits management, benefits administration, healthcare regulatory compliance, or relevant area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Benefits, Managing Health and Wellness Operations, Microsoft Office, Supervising AssociatesHuman Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification
Primary Location...508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth