Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Area Manager, Maintenance
- Location MORENO VALLEY, CA
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Facilities Maintenance
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1720587
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Implements the business plan for assigned area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties, and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals.
Supervises and develops associates and leaders in assigned area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback ; teaching, supporting, and upholding company policies and procedures; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
Manages facility inspection, planning, preventive maintenance, and implementation such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, and emergency management systems service by coordinating contracts with outside service contractors; interviewing and recommending contractors; negotiating other contract terms; developing scopes of work; submitting purchase requests; and evaluating work quality.
Maintains quality and safety standards in assigned area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on logistics and company policies, standards, and procedures; monitoring associate compliance to policies and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation .
Provides guidance on facility maintenance and repairs by ensuring work is completed according to company standards; conducting on-site inspections; collaborating with other facility managers ; meeting with service providers to resolve issues ; creating punch lists; following up on corrective actions; and accomplishing warranty inspections. Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications:Associate's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year’s experience in logistics, supply chain management, or related area OR 2 years’ experience in logistics, supply chain management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising AssociatesBachelors: Business, Bachelors: Human Resources, Bachelors: Logistics
Primary Location...17825 Indian St, Moreno Valley, CA 92551-9533, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth