Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Exterior Services Technician, DOT Operator - DS
- Location PERRIS, CA
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Facilities Maintenance
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1720297
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Exterior Services Technician, DOT Operator- DS
Are you on the lookout for an exciting career opportunity within a dynamic team? Walmart is in the process of expanding its workforce across local retail stores and is actively recruiting Exterior Services Technicians specializing as a DOT Operator. If you possess relevant experience in this field, we invite you to bring your skills to our fast-paced and welcoming work environment!
As an Exterior Services Technician, DOT Operator – DS at our local retail store, your role will oversee both the landscape project plan and the team members who implement it. You must be well-versed in the life cycles and care requirements of plants, as well as competent in the use of equipment, tools and crew management required to complete the job. You will be required to have a background in grounds/landscaping and knowledge of grasses, horticulture, and plant health and care.
Exterior Services Technician, DOT Operator – DS Compensation:
- Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, level of job offer, qualifications and other job-related factors.
- An additional bonus available for this role is available and will be disclosed during the interview process (not included above).
- Sign-on bonuses (where available and offered) not included in the above compensation numbers.
Exterior Services Technician, DOT Operator – DS Benefits:
- Full Time
- Eligible for bonus incentive
- Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues.
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- FREE College through Live Better University
The essential functions of the Exterior Services Technician, DOT Operator – DS:
- Meet regularly with Store Management to define the property's exterior service's needs, including turf, ornamental plants, ground cover, irrigation, lighting and mulch
- Conduct daily grounds inspections by walking the properties with attention to detail in overseeing the grounds and landscaping operations.
- Supervision & scheduling of workers who install and maintain landscaping.
- Ensure all safety and training requirements are met and adhered to by workers for the safe operation of equipment and handling of hazardous materials.
- Manage 3rd party contractors who would conduct any work outside the normal scope of internal team members.
- Maintain and oversee DOT requirements for self and team member.
Exterior Services Technician, DOT Operator – DS Position Requirements:
- 2-5 years of landscaping/grounds experience
- 2 plus years of Supervisory experience
- Licensing - Hold or obtain any certification or licensing as required by the specific state, city, or county for hazardous work such as pesticide or herbicide application.
- Hold or acquire DOT license and certification.
- 2 year-accredited college course completion covering soil science, horticulture, weed management, and landscape design (preferred)
- BA Degree in Horticulture or related field (preferred)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.21 years of age or older.
Valid, state-issued driver’s license.
No convictions for DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol or drugs within the last three (3) years.
No more than two (2) moving violations in the last three (3) years, if driving a commercial motor vehicle.
No serious traffic violations (as defined by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations) in the last three (3) years, if operating a commercial motor vehicle.
No preventable accidents (as defined by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations) in the last three (3) years, if operating a commercial motor vehicle.
Able to successfully complete a DOT physical and secure medical certification at a minimum of a 90 day card.
As required by section 391.11(b)(2) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, ability to read and speak in the English language
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Associate’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Maintenance, Construction Management, or related area., Certified Facilities Manager (CFM), Project Management (PMP), or related certification, Third-party management experience
Primary Location...1800 N PERRIS BLVD, PERRIS, CA 92571-3249, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth