Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Technical Design - Apparel
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Research and Development
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1720110
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Manager, Technical Design, Apparel
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
As a Senior Manager, Technical Design, you will manage daily product approval workflow for designated category by maintaining relationships with strategic partners; providing guidance to staff and business partners on design intent, fit, and construction standards to support product safety, compliance, and value pricing; partnering with cross functional teams to evaluate production samples and conduct in-store audits; and providing insight to management on workflow requirements.
You will maintain and track departmental production to drive efficiencies by adhering to the departmental calendar and project timelines; ensuring that daily tracking logs for designated category products are complete; managing workload to ensure timely sample and comment turnaround times and adherence to deadlines; and resolving issues regarding timing, fit, and supplier performance and escalating them to management as needed.
You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, a member mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You’ll use your executive presence to work with suppliers and cross functional team members at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You enjoy training and developing associates, delivering trainings programs through multiple media and developing educational material
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You have a competitive spirit of being in front of trend and innovation
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and driving product and supplier fit strategies for direct import and domestic general merchandise or consumable products to achieve desired results by identifying and defining changes to processes and practices.
- Prioritizing and demonstrating value of fit change initiatives to the organization leaders; driving project plans to implement new product and supplier processes and assessing associates' readiness for new fit initiatives and programs.
- Setting expectations; adjusting approaches to achieve strategic fit objectives across the supply chain; ensuring fit initiatives are adopted by entire organization; and ensuring timely project management from initiation to the execution stage.
- Understanding the global trends that affect the business and formulating strategies to address them, while evaluating and responding to issues and concerns regarding fit practices and procedures
- Acting as a trusted advisor to diverse business partners, influencing them to act as needed to move the business forward
- Driving member-focused recommendations and decisions across all member touchpoints, while constantly incorporating applicable and actionable member feedback
- Guiding suppliers and vendors in the development of customer-focused processes and products
Benefits & Perks:
- Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Textiles , Design, or related field and 4 years’ experience in technical design, product development, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in technical design, product development, or related area.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Apparel Manufacturing, Master's degree in Business, Textiles , Design, or related field., Working on cross-functional teams, Working with product development software
Primary Location...45 W 25th St, New York, NY 10010, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth