Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Advanced Analytics - Merchandising Inventory Health
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1719741
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
This role will support Network Planning, Forecasting, Flow, and Inventory Analytics for the eCommerce business. This role is part of the Walmart Merchandising Operations - Inventory Health Excellence, an action-biased, data-driven team chartered with defining the next generation inventory optimization by leveraging advanced analytics. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role within the organization with expectations to deliver immediate results.
The role requires a skill set beyond basic data analysis and research. It involves complex analytics, building robust and scalable databases, configure business impacting systems, and the ability to automate processes and reports. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for working with data to solve complex problems creatively while building strong relationships with the Technology, Merchandising, and Supply Chain Operations teams they partner with.
What you’ll do…
- Improve and automate replenishment ordering model by analyzing several key inputs across the supply chain. Consolidate big data sets with millions of records, determine the optimal inventory order quantity to balance customer experience and company’s operating costs.
- Provide insightful analysis and make recommendations to management regarding cost savings and/or profitability improvement strategies; Work with other Inventory Health Excellence pillars to identify areas of improvement and perform other special duties & projects.
- Proof of Concept: Generates new ideas as an output of research, applies knowledge to come up with new information and contributes to proof-of-concepts for projects. Manages the development and implementation of prototypes and production-ready complex algorithms for workstreams and individual projects. Manages the testing and validation process to monitor the solution.
- Analyze large quantities of data such as inventory, transportation and fulfillment data to help the Supply Chain team and other parts of the organization make decisions that drive value.
- Design important business metrics, use Looker and Tableau to build data visualization dashboards and custom business intelligence reports.
- Address complex business problems by working with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions. Develop metrics to monitor and quantify the impact of changes. In-depth investigation of key drivers
Data Collection & Reporting:
- Generate insights for supply chain optimization utilizing big data and create business critical dashboards in Tableau, targeted at driving improved experience for customers.
- Develop data visualization and reports for key metrics across merchandising operations.
- Design and build scalable data pipelines across data warehouses (PostgreSQL, Teradata, etc.) using SQL to efficiently maintain years of historical data and allow analysts to easily access the data for analyses and modeling. Create data tables using Structured Query Language (SQL) in Teradata or Google Cloud Server.
Project Management & Collaboration:
- Owns workstreams and individual projects end-to-end. Manages risk associated with implementation. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments.
- Gain understanding of sometimes unarticulated business needs, translate strategic initiatives into detailed project specifications, and work with various teams to catalyze product development. They will be responsible for presenting their findings and lead meetings to guide business decisions.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Identify functional analytics and research objectives and develops tactical research plans. Provide guidance to leadership and advises on next steps based on insights objectives and research. Present actionable recommendations to inform strategic and tactical functional initiatives. Provide and support the implementation of business solutions.
- Prepare executive presentations to communicate strategic recommendations to business management, based on research and data analysis. Support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Coach team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge, and work performance. Mentors and supports training for less experienced associates.
Ideal Candidate would:
- Have experience working with large datasets, finding insights, and telling stories using data
- Can effectively communicate through data using clear and concise summary. Has experience programming in Google Big Query, R or Python, and SQL.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision
- Optimization experience is a plus
- Knowledge of supply chain, inventory management is a plus
- Prior experience in retail and ecommerce is a plus
- Positive can-do attitude and curiosity to learn
- Expert at SQL and Excel - ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must
- Strong business acumen and scrappiness - you approach problems in a scientific manner but can also execute pragmatically
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Google Big Query, Looker, Tableau, VBA, R, Python, SAS, MATLAB or other data analysis/visualization tools
- Structured and organized thinker who can drive analytical projects to completion with minimal direction; intense analytical ability, attention to detail and ability to deep-dive when necessary
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are:
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysisMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth