Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Quality Engineer III - Technology - Health & Wellness - Optics - I&R
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Quality Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1719183
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The role requires a self motivated quality engineer who is passionate about the quality delivery of product. An opportunity to work with the latest cloud technology applications and services to enhance the capability of tech in customer enablement
Our team creates reusable technologies to help with customer acquisition, onboarding, and empowering merchants, while ensuring a seamless experience for both of these stakeholders. We also optimize tariffs and assortment in accordance with Walmart's Everyday Low Cost philosophy. We not only create affordability, but we also deliver customized experiences for customers across all channels - in-store, mobile app, and websites.
What you'll do:
- Supports Automation code development for Health and Wellness –Vision projects by participating in project team meetings to develop project plans; reviewing project requirements; providing insight to software developers regarding project quality requirements; and providing guidance regarding code development to ensure testability and reliability.
- Performs quality assurance testing for large-scale, eCommerce web applications, tools, and software by collaborating with project teams to establish test cases and requirements; writing test cases (for example, white, gray, or black box) in accordance with project requirements and established standards; obtaining test case approval from the project team; applying test case instructions to products under testing; executing test cases; evaluating results against expected results; and updating project teams regarding results and needed fixes.
- Develops software quality assurance (SQA) test plans for assigned projects by determining exact testing scope for assigned projects; determining data and environmental requirements; identifying dependencies and risks; and determining schedule of test deliverables.
- Participates in small- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements; assisting in the writing and developing of code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Provides solutions for coding errors by collaborating with software developers to review coding algorithms; developing unit testing plans to test code; developing testing requirements based on code functionality; analyzing testing results to determine needed fixes; querying application logs and databases and checking configuration files to troubleshoot issues encountered during testing; resolving minor code errors; and recommending code fixes or solutions for testing errors.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll bring:
- CI/CD integration
- Appium (iOS/Android) – Optional. Having experience is an add on.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in quality engineering OR Master of Science
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...350 N SAINT PAUL ST, DALLAS, TX 75201-4240, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth