Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Portfolio Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Asset and Property Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1719174
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Leads the property management operating portfolio by developing recommendations on improving site appearances and increasing sales growth potential; communicating recommendations to leadership; negotiating subleases, terminations, and purchase options; analyzing use restrictions and approving store uses to contribute to income generation for properties; conducting site visits; participating in contract negotiations with prospective business partners and third parties; managing third-parties and addressing issues ; and securing approvals for property management recommendations.
Directs and leads Realty portfolios, including special projects, by overseeing consultants; providing guidance on the management of project risks, timeline, and sunk costs; acting as a liaison to government officials and community groups; managing company image with key partners; maintaining and influencing project schedules and budgets and communicating them to the team; evaluating purchases, dispositions, lease renewals, and rent allocations and determining alignment with the portfolio strategy; and gaining buy-in from key stakeholders and community partners.
Oversees Realty project management by approving warehouse leases; ensuring compliance with local laws ; ensuring adherence to mitigation strategies; developing budgets and communicating capital expense to senior leadership; forecasting and advising on gaps and opportunities on capital expenditure and legal expenses; and overseeing department reports for capital expenditures, legal expenses, property management, and lease management.
Oversees lease agreements by performing research on assigned portfolios, current market trends, and pertinent financial metrics; negotiating rent reduction packages; negotiating with landlords to outline parameters of contracts; presenting to internal key stakeholder committees to gain approval; and researching lease terms and business opportunities to effectively negotiate and establish the new terms of lease agreements.
Develops strategies for maximizing value of Walmart real estate assets by providing recommendations to officer-level committees regarding the financial benefit of purchasing leased properties for on-site relocation or expansion projects; informing and promoting real estate interests to corporate executives, local government entities, community groups, and businesses; generating revenue for the company through real estate negotiations and partnerships with third parties; facilitating Realty Committee meetings; overseeing documentation of and reviewing capital expenditure decisions; managing and resolving lease expiration and zoning issues; developing and implementing processes for approval of projects with internal business partners ; and analyzing real estate documents to ensure projects are within parameters.
Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, or related field and 5 years’ experience in real estate, retail development, tenant representation, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in real estate, retail development, tenant representation, or related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project ManagementDoctorate: Law, Masters: Business Administration
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth