Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Technician, General Facilities Maintenance
- Location LAVALE, MD
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Facilities Maintenance
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1718927
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Technician, General Facilities Maintenance
Are you on the lookout for an exciting career opportunity within a dynamic team? Walmart is in the process of expanding its workforce across local retail stores and is actively recruiting Developmental Technicians specializing in General Facilities Maintenance. If you possess relevant experience in this field, we invite you to bring your skills to our fast-paced and welcoming work environment!
As a General Facilities Maintenance Technician at our local retail store, your role will involve executing routine maintenance tasks to uphold the safety, functionality, and aesthetics of Walmart Stores, equipment, or fixtures. Operating under the supervision of the local General Maintenance Manager, you'll adhere to established maintenance schedules and guidelines, conducting inspections, cleaning, and repairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures.
Technician, General Facilities Maintenance Compensation:
- Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, level of job offer, qualifications and other job-related factors.
- Additional bonus available for this role is available and will be disclosed during the interview process (not included above).
- Sign-on bonuses (where available and offered)
Technician, General Facilities Maintenance Benefits:
- Full Time
- Eligible for bonus incentive
- Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
The essential functions of the Technician, General Facilities Maintenance:
- Maintain and repair Walmart facilities, equipment, and assets by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment) and using hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs
- Utilize the work order management system to receive reactive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and document repair activities
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues
- Complete all required training requirements to operate equipment and tools safely
Technician, General Facilities Maintenance Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Can lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Can move up and down ladders frequently
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Able to work in various temperatures
- Must maintain an excellent driving record
- Vocational or Technical certification and 1 year experience, or 2 years total work experience, in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Vocational or Technical certification and 3 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 5 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade.
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Completion of a 2-year Vocational or Technical trade program, License in related trade in city and/or state where job is located, Using intermediate level functionality of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and presentation software (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Primary Location...100 COLONY LN, LATROBE, PA 15650-9073, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth