Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Technician, Refrigeration/HVAC
- Location SACRAMENTO, CA
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Facilities Maintenance
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1718658
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Supermarket Rack Refrigeration HVAC Tech
Are you on the lookout for an exciting career opportunity within a dynamic team? Walmart is in the process of expanding its workforce across local retail stores and is actively recruiting Senior Supermarket Rack Refrigeration HVAC Techs. If you possess relevant experience in this field, we invite you to bring your skills to our fast-paced and welcoming work environment!
As a Senior Supermarket Rack Refrigeration HVAC Tech at our local retail store, your role will support and oversee repair within the Walmart facilities HVAC/R equipment team and assets by utilizing commercial HVAC and Refrigeration skills and using hand tools, digital tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs. Supervising a team, you'll ensure adherence to established maintenance schedules and guidelines, conducting inspections, cleaning, and repairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures.
Senior Supermarket Rack Refrigeration HVAC Tech Compensation:
- Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, level of job offer, qualifications and other job-related factors.
- An additional bonus available for this role is available and will be disclosed during the interview process (not included above).
- Sign-on bonuses (where available and offered) not included in the above compensation numbers.
Senior Supermarket Rack Refrigeration HVAC Tech Benefits:
- Full Time
- Career advancement opportunities
- World-class training
- Work vehicle and tools provided.
- Eligible for bonus incentive
- Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues.
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
The essential functions of the Senior Supermarket Rack Refrigeration HVAC Tech:
- Maintain and repair Walmart facility's HVAC/R equipment and assets by utilizing commercial HVAC and Refrigeration skills and using hand tools, digital tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs
- Utilize the work order management system to receive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and document repair activities.
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues.
- Complete all required training requirements to operate equipment and tools safely.
- Ensures compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines by performing work according to practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart HVAC/R safety policy and environmental guidelines.
Senior Supermarket Rack Refrigeration HVAC Tech Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or Technical HVAC/R certification and 6 months' experience, OR 2 years total work experience, in commercial refrigeration, mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field
- Type I and Type II EPA
- Large Scale Rack Refrigeration Experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Can lift up to 75 lbs.
- Can Move up and down ladders frequently.
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Vocational or Technical HVAC/R certification and 5 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls OR 7 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field.
Passing score on Ramsey Technician Level 3 HVAC/R test.
Type I and Type II Environmental Protection Agency certification for refrigerant handling.
6 months’ experience installing, repairing, and troubleshooting commercial HVAC/R equipment.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Completion of a 2-year Vocational or Technical HVAC/R program, Intermediate level functionality of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and presentation software (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Mechanical license in city and/or state where job is located
Primary Location...6051 FLORIN RD, SACRAMENTO, CA 95823-2304, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth