Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Design Researcher Intern
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Administrative and Support Services
- Job Function Intern
- Employment Type Intern/Co-Op/Grad (Trainee)
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1717937
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Experience Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our customers and associates—from our stores, to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-store experiences and associate-facing tools.
Want to work with a world-class qualitative research team to support key strategic initiatives throughout the organization? You’ll help the team define customer needs, conceive and deliver engaging experiences.
The right fit is someone who can tell a compelling story and is passionate about crafting effective experiences in the eCommerce space, ensuring our solutions are both grounded and validated.
What you’ll work on
• Help transform complex problems into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers and
associates around the world.
• Conduct research studies in critical-need areas of the business using a variety of methodologies.
• Work to deliver actionable recommendations that inform design and business strategy.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• Present, communicate, and negotiate, and always look for additional opportunities to improve.
• Work beside and welcome feedback from senior leaders and managers.
Why you’re a great fit
• You’ve demonstrated an ability to plan, conduct, analyze and report out on a variety of user
research studies. You have experience moderating live studies and understand how they’re applied in an organization.
• You have relentless curiosity with the desire to understand the interconnectedness of users,
decisions, and actions.
• You can translate insight into action. You help people understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through your thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
• You take a developed and solid research approach when presented with a problem, with action to experiment and learn how to make the experience easier and more delightful
for the end user – and you’re excited to work on your research approach.
• You can manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ever-changing priorities of a large retail organization. You can work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
• You exhibit a passion for developing research programs on your own, and you formulate a research roadmap for things you want to learn tomorrow.
You should be:
• Excited to be part of a fun and close-knit team, always learning and collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive member centered experience
• An excellent teammate
• Passionate and creative, with a good sense of humor
You Must be:
Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program currently
Expected graduation date between December 2024 - June 2025
0-2 years of full-time relevant UX/UI experience (excludes internship and research-based roles)
At Sam's Club, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $64,480.00-$64,480.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth