Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior, Data Analyst
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1717556
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you a creative and driven data analyst ready to take on an exciting opportunity?
As a Senior Data analyst, you'll be part of a collaborative team that's dedicated to empowering transportation and end to end supply chain operators and leadership with actionable insights, reporting, and automation. You'll be responsible for creating and maintaining backend data pipelines, frontend interactive reports, and business logic automation for business-critical decision support. We're looking for someone who has experience with SQL, Python, Dataiku, Tableau, Tableau (Prep), Power BI, Google Big Query on cloud service and local server environments. The products managed and built by this role have a high degree of visibility with stakeholder consumers in the thousands or possess positions of significance. This is an exciting opportunity to work on projects that have a real impact on the success of the organization and to collaborate with others who share your passion for data analysis. Join our team and help us unleash the power of data to drive business success. The role is located in Bentonville, AR.
What you’ll do:
Data Source Identification:
Identify and evaluate potential data sources from internal and external sources.
Implement processes for acquiring and integrating data from various sources.
Ensure that the data is accurate, complete, and accessible.
Understand Business Context:
Work closely with stakeholders to understand business goals and requirements.
Translate business requirements into data requirements.
Develop an understanding of the industry and competitive landscape.
Technical Problem Formulation:
Formulate technical problems and solutions for data-related challenges.
Develop and implement algorithms for data analysis and modeling.
Evaluate and select appropriate software tools, frameworks, and technologies.
Design and execute effective data visualization strategies for presenting complex data.
Develop and implement effective dashboards and reports.
Collaborate with other teams to create impactful visualizations that support business decisions.
Data Quality Management:
Plan and lead efforts to ensure data quality and integrity.
Develop and implement data governance policies and procedures.
Monitor data quality metrics and proactively identify and address issues.
Exploratory Data Analysis:
Conduct exploratory analyses to generate insights and identify patterns in data.
Develop and implement statistical analyses and models.
Communicate findings and insights to stakeholders in a clear and impactful manner.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Proficiency in SQL, GCP, Tableau, Dataiku.
- You have strong exploratory data analysis skills and ability to make analytical, data driven recommendations and solutions.
- Project Management experience with end-to-end ownership of projects.
- You have compelling, persuasive oral and written communication skills and can build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and often lack of clarity, demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Advanced Analytics: In-depth investigation of key drivers of transportation dynamic optimization and data quality. Work with large, disparate datasets to measure business KPIs and to conduct strategic analyses to inform critical business decisions. Develop data visualization to monitor and quantify the impact of changes and unique business challenges and use data to influence strategic decision making.
- Partnership and Collaboration: Engaging with team members and cross-functional partners on a consistent basis and establish credibility and influence change. Drive process optimization and collaboration across the organization. Analyze stakeholder needs and partner with them to share relevant information.
- Planning : Thinking strategically to identify the key metrics and initiatives needed to drive change within the organization. Quickly translate strategic, conceptual ideas into clear action plans, roadmaps, and timelines. Ensure final deliverables are actionable and communicated in a way that drives quantifiable business benefit in terms of improved efficiencies or improved decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Data Science, Computer Science, Analytics, Statistics or relevant field with 4 years of experience in analytics related field or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Data Science, Computer Science, Analytics, Statistics or relevant field with 2 years of experience in analytics related.
- Six Sigma Certification (Green, Black) a plus
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth