Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior, Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1716491
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Candidate will have an opportunity to work in Global Finance on both SAP ECC and S4 Environments.
- Collaborate working with multiple stake holders - Product, Business, Functional and other Technical Teams.
- Will have opportunity working on small and large scale projects and help with Resolving Incidents.
About Team: EBS Finance TECH
Our team works closely with our US stores and eCommerce business to better serve customers by empowering team members, stores, and merchants with technological innovation. From groceries and entertainment to sporting goods and crafts, Walmart U.S. offers an extensive selection that our customers value, whether they shop online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or in-store. Focus areas include customers, stores and employees, in-store service, merchant tools, merchant data science, and search and personalization. This is an Existing Area but not listed in the drop Down.
What you'll do...
Apply to become a part of fast-growing Finance Technology team at Walmart where you can make a difference by implementing your technological, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Our team thrives on excellence of our very own associates and would provide opportunities to grow and enhance one's own portfolio.
- Hands on development in SAP using ABAP on HANA and S/4.
- SAP experience in support and green field implementations
- Work on Accounts Payable (AP) and other SAP FICO modules
- Hands-on experience with Application Programming on SAP S/4HANA including ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model, OData services, code pushdown, etc.
- Interface Development, working on CDS Views and AMDP methods, AIF Framework
- Knowledge of SAP technologies/frameworks such as SAPUI5, Fiori, CAP, and SAP BTP Services is a plus.
- Involve in Technical design decisions.
- Provide support to business by closely working with SAP Functional teams by doing technical research and debug of code
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams. Prepare requested information and obtain cross-function approvals.
- Leads the work of other small group of engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples. Identify short- and long-term solutions and timelines, review and provide feedback for proposed solutions and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Analyzing business requirements, story-boards and similar artifacts of the scrum process, work in an agile development environment with a quick turnaround time and iterative builds.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results commitment to team success and positive team dynamics.
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers Experience with SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies.
What you'll bring:
- Strong ABAP and S4 Technical skills to compete in delivering the objects quickly.
- Good Communication skills to collaborate with Multiple stake holders
- Open to learn and contribute to new technologies and modules within SAP
- Being up to speed with current changes SAP making to meet market requirements/expectations
- Earning SAP certifications
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 1 year's experience in software engineering or related area.
Primary Location...2501 Se J St, Ste A, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth