Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Advanced Analytics - Walmart Connect
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1716457
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a Manager, Advanced Analytics, you will be part of a strategic and fast-growing team for Walmart Connect. Responsible for leading a team that drives strategic analysis of omni-channel campaigns of some of the largest advertiser in the world. Leveraging tools like Tableau and SQL, you will derive both tactical and strategic insights and communicate them back both internal and external stakeholders.
- The Manager, Advanced Analytics on the Measurement Insights and Analysis team will manage the interpretation, analytics reporting, and analysis for key insights & performance recommendations with Walmart advertisers.
- From strategy, planning, and campaign completion, you will deliver clarity to advertisers who are seeking causal insights and measurement impact.
- You will create and lead client-facing analysis, including calls and in-person presentations, to drive data-driven best practices, recommendations, and guidance for Walmart Connect’s top advertisers.
- You will perform hands-on analysis and conduct in-depth investigations, lead & execute end-to-end measurement projects, and make actionable recommendations to the business.
- Assist process improvement initiatives to scale data and measurement solutions.
- Contribute with building measurement/analytics tools and platforms reflect the best and most appropriate solutions available.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, economics, mathematics, business administration, marketing).
- 4 to 6 years of experience in integrated marketing strategy & analytics and measurement, and multiple priorities & milestones.
- Project management experience in dealing with a high volume of reporting/analyses requests.
- Experience in the languages of data manipulation (e.g., SQL, R) and in visualization (Tableau, Datorama).
- Experience in omnichannel marketing, attribution, and ROI measurement, including performance and awareness of online advertising.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage projects, communicate effectively.
- Experience and passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
- Demonstrated ability to speak to technical topics and metrics in an understandable manner.
- High Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, economics, mathematics, business administration, marketing).
- Experience in media and marketing measurement, analytics, and reporting within an advertising agency/consulting.
- Experience with online advertising, targeting and measurement systems and methodologies (ad servers, DSPs, DMPs, etc.).
- Well-versed in advertising technology, including 3rd party ad-serving and tag management solutions and programmatic ad buying platform.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and drive for clarity of direction.
- Experience with project management platforms like Jira.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate test design and implementation and statistical concepts.
- Experience in developing and presenting strategic, action-oriented recommendations from complex analytics efficiently and engagingly to an executive audience.
- Experience with relationship building/management with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Product and Engineering.
About Walmart Connect
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, "Save Money. Live Better," we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it. #WalmartConnect
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. The salary wage range for this position in San Bruno only is $104,000.00 - $202,000.00 USD Annual.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAt Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysisMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it’s just part of the culture."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth