Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
2024 Summer Intern: Walmart Merchandising Leadership Development Program, MBA Intern
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Administrative and Support Services
- Job Function Intern
- Employment Type Intern/Co-Op/Grad (Trainee)
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1716211
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart MBA Merchandising Leadership Rotation Program – Internship
Did you know the world’s largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? We’re creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere – delivering exactly what they want, when they want it.
Every Day Low Price (EDLP) is the cornerstone of our strategy, and our price focus has never been stronger. We’re uniting the best entrepreneurs, business minds, data scientists, merchants, marketers’ analysts, and technologists to create seamless experiences for customers to shop anytime, anywhere – whether they’re shopping online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps or shopping in a store.
An internship at Walmart means an opportunity to explore a career as part of the world’s largest retailer. We are looking for tenacious MBA’s who are strong problem solvers who can deliver solutions to complex, challenging problems. We are transforming the future of retail.
We hire MBA interns within Merchandising into a number of areas. Some of these functions include:
- Merch Enablement: Leverage advanced analytics to solve broad-based problems and transform business processes to fundamentally change how Merchandising is done.
- Business Solutions & Analytics: We leverage analytics and functional expertise to partner with Buyers to shape optimal Merchandising decisions. Our teams inject data-driven insights to shape strategy and boost sales. We employ a holistic approach to maximize leverage in negotiations and proactively manage risk to drive financial performance. Our insight moves the business forward. Walmart processes over 40 petabytes of consumer data everyday. We translate that date into solutions.
- Pricing Strategy & Competitor Analysis: At Walmart, the difference of a single cent can result in millions of dollars saved. Price is the foundation of our business. Delivering on our promise of EDLP and ensuring price leadership across our business is critical. Our pricing team is focused on optimizing our strategy to determine how to continue to win in every market across channels.
- Supply Chain Optimization: We manage the supply chains of millions of products and solve for limited shelf life, global distribution, and even respond in times of natural disaster. Our teams optimize inventory and availability while improving efficiency across the value chain. We work to ensure that product is available for customers to purchase.
MBA Interns in the Merchandising organization who receive a return full-time employment offer at the end of the summer internship are placed in the Merchandising Leadership Development Rotation Program upon graduation from business school.
The Walmart US Merchandising Leadership Development Rotation Program is a rotational program for recent MBA graduates, focused on developing future Merchandising leaders. Through an individual rotational plan executed over the course of 3.5 to 5 years you will develop a robust understanding of Merchandising, resulting in cross-functional leadership experiences and career growth opportunities.
MBA Summer Internship Basic Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program with a graduation date of December 2024 or Spring 2025
- 3-5+ years of industry or military work experience
- Permanent US work authorization at the time of internship application
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth