Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Director, Technical Program Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Technical Program Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1716111
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Want to be at the forefront of an exciting area that delivers exciting experiences, exponential savings, and critical risk mitigation to Walmart? We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced technology portfolio & program manager to join our dynamic team in Walmart Global Technology. This role will be responsible for overseeing and managing the team's consolidated strategic planning activities, budgeting, engagement, communications, and consolidated reporting for our technology programs. You will play a critical role in ensuring the successful delivery of our technology portfolio and communicating across a large, diverse group of stakeholders.
About Team: Enterprise Business Services - Global Technology for Trust & Transformation (GT3)
The Global Technology for Trust & Transformation team delivers technology products and capabilities for our Global Governance and Corporate Affairs business areas. Some business areas this includes are: Compliance, Legal, Digital Citizenship, Global Security, Investigations, Aviation, Global Responsibility, Corporate Communications and more.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies to ensure clear and timely dissemination of information to stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and senior leadership.
- Collaborate with project managers and team leads to establish communication protocols, including regular status updates, milestone achievements, risks and issues, and celebrations.
- Develop and manage the technology portfolio budget, ensuring accurate forecasting, tracking, and allocation of resources.
- Collaborate with finance and procurement teams to optimize budget utilization, identify cost-saving opportunities, and ensure compliance with financial policies.
Team Engagement & Planning
- Foster a positive and collaborative team environment, promoting engagement, motivation, and professional growth.
- Develop and maintain the team schedule inclusive of team activities, major installs, critical dependencies, anniversaries, etc.
- Collaborate with senior management to define and align the technology portfolio strategy with overall business goals in partnership with Product Leaders.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify emerging technology trends, potential risks, and opportunities for innovation.
Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare and present comprehensive reports on portfolio and operational performance including project status, change/issue management, resource utilization, risks, and financial metrics.
- Perform data analysis to identify patterns, trends, and areas for process improvement.
What you'll bring:
Communication and Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in preparing and presenting comprehensive reports to stakeholders at various levels.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills, with the ability to motivate and engage cross-functional, geographically distributed teams.
Budget and Financial Management
- Proficiency in budget planning, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Experience in managing complex budgets and optimizing resource allocation.
- Sound knowledge of project management methodologies, tools, and best practices and deep understanding at how program and product partner.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large-scale technology portfolios.
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills, with the ability to align technology initiatives with business objectives.
- Proven ability to identify and implement innovative solutions and process improvements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in portfolio management, strategic planning, or project management roles in the technology field.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.• Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related area and 8 years’ experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
• Option 2: 10 years’ experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certification in Project Management., Master’s degree in Business Administration, with specialization in strategy, supply chain, finance, information systems, or related area and 6 years’ experience in product design., Supervisory
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth