Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Advertising Sales - Team Lead - Entertainment, Toys & Seasonal
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Advertising
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1716093
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do as a Team Lead within the Entertainment, Toys & Seasonal (ETS) SBU, create sales strategy and build out a culture of collaboration to achieve the customer's (ex: large accounts such as T-Mobile and/or multiple small to medium supplier accounts) sales targets within the annual operating plan via programs and plans that deliver on internal and external annual objectives across various areas for the customer.
You’ll be creating a sales strategy for a supplier and/or account list; ensuring alignment with internal and external constituents; collaborating with internal and external stakeholders; identifying the ideal product mix and/or solution set and developing learning agendas to drive the customer's business forward; defining the revenue target for the customer in tandem with internal stakeholders; scaling automation efforts through self-serve and application programming interface (API) options; and forecasting and analyzing client need to quantify and prioritizing the requirements to industry managers.
A Team Lead builds, leads, and develops a team with a minimum team size (ex. 3 or more direct reports) by providing direction and guidance to associates on career development; conducting weekly touch bases; providing constructive feedback to associates to enhance skills, knowledge, brand perception, institutional knowledge, and work performance; conducting performance and career development conversations; and engaging and mentoring less experienced individual contributors in junior levels.
A Team Lead oversees and is responsible for financial results in an area of responsibility (ex. large supplier accounts such as T-Mobile and/or multiple small to medium supplier accounts) by closing, delivering, up-selling and driving results for the marketer/supplier within an annual partnership; constructing clear learning agenda with results-driven strategies that can help scale other marketers/suppliers; tracking against key performance metrics; creating a category playbook in partnership with other team members to demonstrate how both large and medium-sized marketers can leverage Walmart offerings; and crafting conference-worthy case studies that demonstrate the approach, solution provided, success story and results achieved by the marketer.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values Culture Champion
- Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance. Servant Leadership
- Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent. Embrace Change Curiosity & Courage
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks. Digital Transformation & Change
- Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working. Deliver with a strong Customer Focus
- Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans. Strategic Thinking
- Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy. Focus on our Associates Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs. Collaboration & Influence
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action. Talent Management
- Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 6 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 9 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Brand advertising (ex. TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Brand management, brand development, brand marketing, or brand investment, Managing high performing teams, Self-service platforms, API knowledge, SAAS, search, programmatic, API-based selling, or auction-platform dynamics, Strategic Advisor working with C-Level Clients, Masters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 6 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 9 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Brand management, brand development, brand marketing, or brand investment, Managing high performing teams, Self-service platforms, API knowledge, SAAS, search, programmatic, API-based selling, or auction-platform dynamics, Strategic Advisor working with C-Level ClientsMasters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth