Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior, Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1715595
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Role: Senior Software Engineer – SAP FICO Functional
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive and iterative delivery environment? At Walmart, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer – SAP FICO Functional, who is passionate about implementing and managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technologies to join our team. As a Walmart Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving major financial transformations at Walmart scale.
About Team: Global Business Services
Our team is focused on developing a streamlined, dependable company that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and Associate Digital Experience (ADE). We also provide a variety of services such as procurement, supplier portfolio management, merchandising master data, and analytics. From developing HR chatbots and virtual assistants to creating invoice solutions and facilitating legal changes, we help drive efficiency across Walmart globally. SAP Competency Center
What You’ll Do:
- Drive design, development, implementation, documentation and follow agile development process.
- Build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting associates of Walmart worldwide.
- Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Be involved in the successful implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Tech Leads/Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery) within the established architectural guidelines.
- Follow TDD to ensure testing and code coverage.
- Learn new and changing technologies and adapt to ensure best software practices and standards.
- Participate in hiring and support to build teams
- Interact closely for requirements with Business owners and technical teams both within India and across the globe.
What you'll bring:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Our ideal candidate is an energetic, self-motivated individual focused on solving customer problems and willing to work in an innovative & challenging team environment. He/ She is a responsive team player who can proactively contribute at an individual level. He/ she is someone who thrives in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic, startup-like environment.
You’ll really wow us if…
- Must have experience in SAP Finance areas like General Ledger, Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Controlling, Asset Accounting, Accounts Receivables, Bank Accounting etc.
- High level of functional competency regarding standard SAP configuration and functionality with understanding of best practices, new trends, technical advancements & future enhancements
- Solid understanding of Accounts Receivable processes and SAP configuration of AR sub-ledger, business partner, contract accounts, collections management, dispute management, returns/credit memo management/workflow, payment plans, funds management, banking & business rule framework (BRF+), payment hierarchy, clearing rules, dunning, security deposits, payment clearings, open item management, tax calculations, installment plans, refund process, and write offs.
- Experience with SAP support or green field implementations
- Experience in implementing SAP S4 HANA solutions.
- Master’s or bachelor’s in computer science or related field with at least 10 to 12 years of experience in SAP Finance modules.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in agile environment using scrum tools like JIRA.
- Experience with minimum 2 or 3 SAP FICO Implementations/Rollout Experience.
- Good Problem-Solving Skills and ability to handle issues independently.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 1 year's experience in software engineering or related area.
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth