Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Staff, Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1715513
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
If you're thinking 'scale', think bigger and don't stop there. Walmart is not only No 1 of fortune 500 companies, but also one of the largest eCommerce and Omni channel retailer in the world. We are people lead and tech powered. We don't just innovate; we enable transformations across stores and ecommerce channels for best customer experience using the leading edge technology.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Staff Software Engineer to join our team and be responsible for supporting secrets management. This team is responsible for the providing and securing the secrets for thousands of applications in Walmart across our hybrid cloud environment.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will play a lead role in the development of secrets management systems, tools, and infrastructure.You will be responsible to build and maintain mission critical vault systems that are highly available and resilient. You will keep the standards high and adhere to operational excellence an engineering excellence while coming up with right solutions.
As an experienced Engineer and senior manager, you will have a great deal of autonomy to drive the future of crucial secrets infrastructure for one of the largest eCommerce companies in the world! This is a huge opportunity for career growth!
Our team works closely with our US stores and eCommerce business to better serve customers by empowering team members, stores, and merchants with technological innovation. From groceries and entertainment to sporting goods and crafts, Walmart U.S. offers an extensive selection that our customers value, whether they shop online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or in-store. Focus areas include customers, stores and employees, in-store service, merchant tools, merchant data science, and search and personalization.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain secrets management systems, tools, and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement solutions to improve secrets management.
- Design, develop, and implement secure, scalable, and efficient secrets management processes and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other engineers on secrets management best practices.
- Conduct research and stay up to date on the latest secrets management technologies and trends.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to secrets management systems and infrastructure.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Expertise in programming Java, Spring frameworks
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of Software security, software engineering and architecture best practices.
- Experience working on secrets management systems such as Akeyless or HashiCorp Vault is a plus.
- Experience working with large scale systems and cloud native systems
- Strong communications and collaboration skills.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area
Primary Location...805 SE Moberly Ln, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth