Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Analyst, Seller Planning
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Operations Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1714828
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Analyst, Seller Planning (Food, Consumables, Health & Wellness)
The Walmart Marketplace is a curated community of respected, professional sellers who offer only top-quality, authentic products and best-in-class customer services.
The Senior Analyst, Seller Planning, is responsible for analyzing the marketplace business across food, consumables, health & wellness categories and communicating current category and seller performance. You will be part of the Strategic Initiatives team and work with the commercial, data & analytics, program, and pricing teams to analyze the business holistically across multiple data sources. Identify problems and opportunities, visualize, and communicate findings and data-driven insights to inform priorities and better serve our sellers. You will also partner with Seller Planning to support budgeting and forecasting. If you are intellectually curious, passionate about diving deep into the data, and are a pro at translating information into a business narrative, this opportunity is for you!
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are customer/seller obsessed and relationship driven
- You are proactive and thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have strong analytical skills and can analyze trends in the business to identify risks and opportunities, partnering with the commercial team to understand key drivers
- You are a forward-thinker who can use data-driven analytics, trend insights, and business intelligence to project future results
You’ll make an impact by:
- Evaluating and reviewing business performance through analytics to understand what’s working and not working, predict outcomes, and generate insights and recommendations
- Helping create category and seller budgets and forecasts using data-driven analytics, trend insights, and business intelligence to project future results
- Partnering with the cross-functional team on inputs to forecast and share output to drive alignment
- Empowering cross-functional stakeholders and decision makers with timely and accurate marketplace data and insights, as well as shifts in seller and consumer behavior on the site, to influence short-term and long-term strategies and actions
- Provide deep-dive analysis for any follow up questions from weekly business reviews
- Ensuring strong data governance, documentation and communication of analyses and methodologies
- 4+ years’ experience in retail planning, forecasting, finance or related area
- Expert user of Excel, with experience in using BI systems (SQL experience not required)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, ThoughtSpot, Tableau)
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to construct simple and impactful message from complex analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, or related field or 4+ years of experience in retail planning, forecasting, finance, or related area.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(K) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or a related field. Option 2: 2 years’ experience in Business Management, Finance, Omni-
Channel Merchandising, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related area
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth