Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Store Space Design
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Facility Design
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1712589
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Do you want to help design the Walmart store of the future? Our customers' shopping patterns are ever evolving, and now more than ever, we must innovate to meet our customer’s desire to shop our products whenever, wherever, and however they chose. This role in Store Space Design will allow you to assist in shaping the future design and layout of our stores to create an optimal customer and associate experience. You’ll aid in creating store designs that incorporate store analytics, sales performance, desired customer experience, along with the latest company strategies. You’ll drive impact through the development of conceptual and prototype store designs combined with visual storytelling that will help communicate the overall strategy to cross functional partners and executive leadership. Join us in delivering on our company’s mission to create an inspirational and seamless shopping experience to help drive brand perception, conversion, and customer satisfaction.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have design and drafting experience, particularly if that experience has been within retail design, and you have utilized a combination of art (i.e.- customer experience, spatial awareness, shopping patterns) and science (i.e.- required aisle spacing, store analytics and sales performance- historical and future trends) to create optimal store layouts.
- You can create multiple conceptual designs with minimal guidance, thinking outside of the box to generate design solutions that make the most efficient use of space, drive sales and profitability, minimize expenses and reduce customer and associate barriers.
- You have experience working on large cross-functional projects where multiple internal and external partners (i.e.- Real Estate, Operations, Store Design, Merchandising, Architects, and other outside consultants) collaborate regularly to develop design solutions that deliver on corporate wide initiatives.
- You are good at building and maintaining relationships, recognizing that it is important to have the trust and collaboration of multiple partners across the organization.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, partner, and support your fellow team members.
You’ll make an impact on or team by:
- Taking a holistic approach when determining the best solution for individual stores and/or prototypes- leveraging in store and online data and reporting, applying predetermined store design guidelines, partnering with key stakeholders, incorporating customer needs and feedback, and utilizing past design experience to implement the latest corporate strategies.
- Effectively communicating the overall design intent through CAD plans, PowerPoint presentations or other visual aids- to both technical and non-technical partners, helping all to easily visualize the overall store strategy.
- Becoming an invaluable strategic partner to internal stakeholders, partnering with various internal teams (Store Space- Design, SBU leads, Project Developers, Operations, Real Estate, etc.) to identify opportunities, improve processes, understand and incorporate the latest merchant strategies to successfully deliver optimal store designs.
- Bachelors Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field and/or 2+ years of related Retail Design experience
- Proficient in ROC, AutoCAD, Revit or related drafting programs
- Creative and analytical – can comfortably leverage data to develop creative design solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Strong customer obsession focused on building the best store experience for our customer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in drafting technology, computer aided drafting, drafting and design technology, architectural design, or related field and 1 year experience in retail store design or related field OR 3 years experience in retail store design or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project Management, Retail Industry, Retail Store Design or Layout, Supervising Associates
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth