Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager, Business Development
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Business Development
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1712529
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Walmart Marketplace is a curated community of respected, professional sellers who offer only top-quality, authentic products and best-in-class customer service.
You will be responsible for recruiting and launching our next generation of Marketplace sellers. You will work closely with the category seller growth teams to assess market opportunities + competitive trends and develop acquisition strategies to attract new accounts, expand assortment and increase inventory. You will manage the E2E business development lifecycle from sourcing to transactability – ensuring our new sellers are fully equipped for immediate success. If you are “seller obsessed” and eager create new business opportunities and inventory acquisition strategies that drive sustainable revenue growth, this role’s for you!
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re seller obsessed and relationship driven.
- You have a track record of developing and closing high impact deals
- You’re a visionary always looking for ways to distinguish from the competition.
- You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- You’re results oriented with a proven track record of leadership and taking ownership that produces exceptional results.
- You build trust quickly and can lead by influence with the ability to translate between commercial and operational audiences.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Managing a sales pipeline: Prospect and manage a pipeline of high-value, strategic accounts across key categories. Develop creative solutions to identify new prospects and build a strong pipeline.
- Launching new sellers: Create a clear value proposition for selling on Walmart.com and successfully launch news sellers to achieve quarterly targets. Set proper expectations and manage towards a growth plan.
- Building relationships with key decision makers: Develop relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within senior management of prospective accounts, along with internal stakeholders and working teams to develop business plans that exceed expectations. Understand Sellers' goals, decision-making processes, and success metrics.
- Driving new partner success: Oversee the onboarding process for new strategic sellers and develop initial targets and actions plans that accelerate item setup and improve offer quality and discoverability.
- Advocating for the platform: Champion and evangelize our platform, and its evolving capabilities, to prospective sellers. Drive awareness and adoption of new seller services including Walmart Fulfilment Services (WFS), Walmart Connect and more. Attend trade shows and external events to generate new partner opportunities.
- Being seller obsessed: Listen to seller feedback, challenges and needs and partner with cross-functional teams (e.g., product, site operations, partner support, etc.) to continuously improve the platform and experience.
- Thinking creatively: Explore and innovate! Develop and test new partnerships or services that create shared value for sellers, customers and Walmart.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or related field and 3 years’ experience in business development, market development, product development, or relevant area OR 5 years’ experience in business development, market development, product development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Experience in sales., Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, or related field, Supervisory experience, Working with cross-functional teams
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth