Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Industry Manager, Home & Hardlines (Director, Advertising Sales) - Walmart Connect
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Advertising
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1712017
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Connect wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Connect is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Connect is seeking an experienced Industry Manager to lead a team of sales professionals within Walmart’s Home and Hardlines businesses which includes the Home, Home/Kitchen Appliances, Home Décor, Home Improvement, Automotive, Sporting Goods and Office Supplies categories. The ideal candidate will be a strategic and creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable solutions for their clients and their team. They would have managed/scaled businesses in these verticals and have the capability to manage and motivate a high-performing team. Ideal candidates will have consistent management experience as well as extensive experience selling cross-network online marketing solutions such as search, display, video, CTV, and integrated sponsorship. Additionally, the candidate will have experience working within a matrix organization as well as experience in leading, coaching and influencing people. Candidates must have strong consultative sales skills with C-suite leaders, a collaborative and innovative spirit and be extremely comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Be responsible for driving the future strategic direction of the business
- Play a critical role in building, inspiring, training and managing a talented, motivated, highly consultative sales and services team
- Strong ability to forecast and efficiently allocate resources to drive profitable business results
- Understand our client's businesses and develop appropriate solutions to meet their needs
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and strategy development
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to drive revenue growth with new and existing customers, be a point of escalation for any potential issues
- Consult with Product Marketing to help shape product development in support of client needs in the region
- Be seen as an industry leader in NYC, Chicago and/or San Francisco
- Evangelize Walmart Connect with agencies, clients and at targeted events, conferences and media opportunities and champion Facebook product releases internally and externally
- Deliver the highest level of customer service and present Walmart Connect’s solutions in a compelling, positive and professional way
- 12+ years hands on experience of building and capability to manage high performing teams
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships
- Strong understanding of the advertising technology and data/performance measurement trends
- Demonstrated track record in leading a team to surpass its targets and significantly grow the scale of the business partnerships
- Ability to move fast, be bold, and thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with a strong focus on collaboration
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data into client value
- Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to forge relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands and agencies
- Demonstrable success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes and systems
- Provide strong leadership with the ability to build, train, coach and develop a high performing team including providing coaching and mentoring to other team leads
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 7 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 10 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Managing high performing teams, Shopper marketing sales, eCommerce sales, retail advertising salesMasters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
Primary Location...121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth