Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Head of Entertainment, Toys, and Seasonal - Walmart Connect (Senior Director I, Advertising Sales)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Advertising
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1711955
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Sr. Director I, Ad Sales Job Ad: Head of ETS (Entertainment, Toys and Seasonal)
This is an exciting role to lead Walmart Connect’s commercial team in our Entertainment, Toys and Seasonal Strategic Business Unit. The ideal person will design and implement the strategy to pursue these segments in collaboration with the existing team of Industry Mangers, Team Leads and Partner Managers. There will be close collaboration with our Sales Strategy, Marketing, Business Operations, and other cross functional teams.
You’ll be focused on strategy formation and execution against our annual operating plan while energizing the existing team. Additionally you’ll be tasked with maintaining, optimizing and scaling the organizational design, building necessary SBU capabilities (e.g., narratives, process, operations, systems, training) and the execution of operational rigor with market strategy and forecasting.
- Lead and grow the existing ETS team at large.
- Iterate on existing market strategies, challenge the status quo and build in stronger operational rigor.
- Guide team towards new revenue sources and market opportunities.
- Thought leadership within the SBU both internally and externally.
- You and your team will target, engage, educate and sell the Walmart Connect suite of digital advertising products to all SBU suppliers.
MORE DETAILS ON ROLE
- Create and execute a sales strategy and build a winning sales culture of collaboration, to achieve targets within the annual operating plan.
- Provide direction and guidance to team members on career development; through weekly 1 on 1s; coaching to enhance skills, go-to-market approach, institutional knowledge and productivity.
- Own the annual forecast and deliver business unit results by developing the full WMC sales cycle - prospecting, outreach, presenting, closing, onboarding, delivering, up-selling and driving results for new and existing clients.
- Drive the execution of the business plan and multiple projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Seek and implement continuous improvements and encourage the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working. Adopt a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, standards of ethics and integrity
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE
Initial success will be based on:
- Developing and implementing a business-aligned strategic vision for the ETS sales team, including (but not limited to) defining and executing against the overarching opportunity, working across the organization to develop stronger and faster ways of working, refining the existing sales playbook for specific subcategories in the SBU, and achieving quarterly / annual AOP goals.
Longer term success will be based on:
- Maximizing ad revenue growth per established sales targets, from acquiring new advertisers and retaining and growing exiting advertisers.
- Continuing to be nimble and refine the go-to-market strategy for sustained growth.
Success in all phases will also be based on:
- Collaborative and constructive approach in working across the business in forecasting process, quota management, flagging and mitigating roadblocks, etc.
- Lives the Walmart mission.
- Models Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance. Servant Leadership.
- Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent. Embrace Change, Curiosity & Courage.
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
- Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, &empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
- 10+ years managing a team of 50 or more in a sales environment ideally one of scale and hypergrowth.
- 10+ years relevant experience across Sales, Digital and Advertising roles
- Proven track record of exceeding nine figure sales targets.
- Experience building & coaching high-performing teams.
- Experience using data to provide a consultative sales approach.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a history of building partnerships externally and internally.
- Ability to handle critical conversations with internal stakeholders, reps as well as client escalations.
- Ability to navigate uncertainty for all parties and lead to desired outcomes.
- You are ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and build something big
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, advertising, consumer psychology, or related field and 8 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field. Option 2: 12 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand advertising (for example, television or video, sponsorships), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, or related field, Managing high performing teams, Master’s degree in business, marketing, advertising, psychology, or related field
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth