Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Principal, Platform Product Manager
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Platform Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1711622
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do:
- Drive the Platform Reliability Engineering product strategy and roadmap for key initiatives for Walmart.
- Platform Product Manager will work with engineering and Operations teams to improve and develop core platform features, monitor and manage key APIs, manage vendor integrations, and more.
- Platform Product Manager is responsible for managing, supporting, and developing large-scale underlying technologies such as Infrastructure,data, and development services
- Define, analyze and communicate platform product roadmap aligned with business objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis
- Drive the roadmap for Platform Reliability Engineering transformation including Incident management, Change Management, Vendor integration services
- Promote and create developer and customer loyalty through highly innovative, quality driven product strategies and feature sets
- Gather developer and other stakeholder feedback to validate that the product works against stated metrics
- Work with our developer/engineering community to understand consumption /adoption issues and turn those insights into backlog items
- Lead the strategy, concept, feature and functionality definition, development and launch of Platform Reliability Engineering products both in-house and with strategic partners
- Become an expert on Platform and SRE product suite across all platforms
- Formulate business cases and roadmaps for new platform features and services
- Collaborate with stakeholders to formulate and document the product requirements
- Research on trends and patterns in market
- Work with UX Designers to ensure delivery of optimal user experiences driving high adoption
- Work with Program Managers and Engineering to support vision and deliver against plan and targets
- Prepare and implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution and adoption
- Manage products through their life cycle—introduction, growth, maturity and ending stages
- Make data/ROI-driven decisions
- Own the results and KPIs
What you'll bring:
- Master's degree required, business, or engineering preferred. MBA from top business school preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in platform product management, business consulting, Tech Platforms, Retail or related field
- Product experience driving product vision and roadmap with a track record of leading teams to deploy innovative solutions that deliver measurable results at scale.
- Knowledge of technical solutions used in Technology Platforms, e-commerce space and familiarity with system architecture, API’s, Cloud ( Azure/GCP), SRE Operations and data science.
- Understanding of agile methodology, reverse logistics systems and customer care tools and interactions.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams to solve complex business problems and deploy innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to champion product solutions throughout the organization
- An strong understanding of technical communication systems and SRE Operations
- An strong understanding of SRE, Incident management, change management, and zero down time Operations
- The ability to manage long-term roadmap
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management or related experience at a technology and data-driven company focused on building products with new and emerging technologies.
Option 2: 11 Years’ experience at a technology and data-driven company focused on building products with new and emerging technologies.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, business administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience in back-end platform or highly complex B2B/C products or experience in roles requiring data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills (including deep knowledge of Excel, SQL, or statistics), Supervisory experience
Primary Location...840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth