Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Business Strategy - Marketplace, Search & WMC
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Strategy & Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1711050
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Director role in the US Marketplace business will build the strategy, execution plan and lead the roll out of capabilities and programs that will transform the seller and customer marketplace experience and accelerate the US Marketplace growth.
Main Roles & Responsibilities will be to:
Ensure Marketplace offers get fair share of exposure via on-site traffic: Search, Personalization & WMC
Conceive, build-out and launch programs, processes, tools and capabilities that help sellers win on on-site share of traffic and placement.
Drive Go to market strategies, seller adoption and engagement for programs and tools to help sellers win
Collaborate with category leads, related stakeholders to track and address category specific needs.
Work with stakeholder teams to drive customer conversion and Marketplace KPIs
End to end ownership of business goals and KPIs
You will be successful if:
· You are a leader that can thrive and lead your team in a fast paced, rapidly growing, highly ambiguous, and challenging environment in the ecommerce space
· You have a deep understanding of what it takes to build an ecommerce marketplace and can leverage industry research & trends to help drive decisions
· You are data driven, have both the holistic view and the capability to execute to build a strategy, and operationalize the plan
· You can foster collaboration across teams and leverage your expertise in marketplace to drive results
· You are an athlete and have the passion for marketplaces, sellers and customers, to be a champion across the entire Walmart organization
· You are biased for action, relentless about driving and owning the goal and you are motivated by the responsibility of delivering the most crucial capabilities for long term marketplace growth
You will make an impact by:
· Building and leading a top talented team
· Developing strategic programs
· Leading the execution plan
· Driving organizational change
· Operating with excellenceAt Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $143,000.00-$286,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Social Science, Communications, or related field and 6 years’ experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area OR 8 years’ experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area.
2 years’ supervisory experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading a cross-functional teamMasters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Mathematics, Masters: Supply Chain, Masters: Transportation
Primary Location...640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth