Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Area Manager - Floor (Fashion, Import, Jewelry, Regional, Returns, Sam's, HMSC)
- Location PLAINVIEW, TX
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Operations Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1710996
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Want to use your innovative mindset to create a world class shopping experience for customers around the country? The Area Manager – Floor is a critical operational role within our distribution & fulfillment centers that thinks strategically and leads phenomenally to remove obstacles for their team, inspiring them to work with passion. As a change agent and process pro, you’ll be on the front lines of the ever-changing retail industry. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you’ll lead your team in fulfilling our customer promise and empowering people around the country to save more and live better.
What you’ll do:
- Communicate with individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g., customers, suppliers, associates).
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on Logistics and company policies, standards and procedures; monitoring associate compliance to policies and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
- Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports.
- Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
- Implement the business plan for area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety).
- Demonstrates and communicates fundamental knowledge of facility procedures to help associates conduct operations that meet facility goals. Educates, trains and ensures associates adhere to company policies, standards, and procedures related to facility operations. Helps associates understand and use procedures for facility operations, handling accidents and emergencies, and maintaining equipment that is safe and in proper working order. Identifies and appropriately responds to customer, compliance, and operational issues related to facility operations, taking steps to prevent recurrence.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re an innovator and problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have a great eye for process flow and can spot bumps in the road.
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage competing priorities.
- You’re a master at making complex processes easily understood and executed by a team.
- You’re familiar with the ins and outs of supply chain operations.
- You know how to make a team feel like a family and integrate play into work.
- You have high standards lead by example and can hold a team accountable.
- You’re invigorated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing, engaging, and inspiring a world class team.
- Innovating the Supply Chain industry and executing on our Customer Promise.
- Leading like an entrepreneur – running your business with precision and passion.
Distribution Centers operate 24/7 and business needs change seasonally. Your schedule requirements will be assigned to align with business needs.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who we are:
Join Walmart and your work could help over 260 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Associate's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year supervisory experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field OR 1 year Walmart Logistics Management experience OR 2 years Walmart Logistics experience OR 2 years supervisory experience.
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Microsoft Office, Supervising Associates, Walmart Logistics ManagerBachelors: Business, Bachelors: Logistics
Primary Location...3100 NORTH I-27, PLAINVIEW, TX 79072-1951, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth