Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1710488
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Join our Finance Technology team at Walmart as a Software Engineer III - Technology. Leverage your technological, analytical, and problem-solving skills to make a substantial impact and advance your career. Our team values excellence and offers opportunities for professional growth.
- Develop impactful solutions that enhance the end-user experience.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table and inspire your team to do the same.
- Identify areas for improvement, design solutions, and contribute to process enhancements.
Our team is focused on developing a streamlined, dependable company that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and Associate Digital Experience (ADE). We also provide a variety of services such as procurement, supplier portfolio management, merchandising master data, and analytics. From developing HR chatbots and virtual assistants to creating invoice solutions and facilitating legal changes, we help drive efficiency across Walmart globally.
What you'll do:
- Develop n-tier applications using Microservices, Java/J2EE, and related technologies.
- Participate in medium-scale projects, working with cross-functional teams to translate project requirements into technical solutions.
- Collaborate with a small group of engineers, including offshore associates, on engineering projects. Provide guidance and review solutions.
- Analyze business requirements and work in an agile development environment with rapid turnaround times.
- Collaborate with various teams to achieve results and promote positive team dynamics.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering with 4+ years of experience.
- Experience in software development in an agile environment.
- Proficiency in Advanced Java and strong algorithmic skills.
- Knowledge of Java, Spring, JPA, JUnit, REST services, and design patterns.
- Skills in messaging platforms like Kafka.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Familiarity with databases like DB2, MS SQL, and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Azure), git, Jenkins, and Kubernetes.
- Scripting skills in Shell or Bash.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer ServiceMasters: Computer Science
Primary Location...PHYLLIS ST. N OF HWY 102, WEST SIDE OF STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth