Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior, Software Engineer - Health, Wellness & Vision
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1710391
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
A Senior Software Engineer will demonstrate up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models’ compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do:
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, gathering requested information, writing, and developing code, conducting unit testing. Communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders.
- Collaborating with project team and cross functional teams. Troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes, ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs. Interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan.
- Models’ compliance with company policies, procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans.
- Creates training documentation. Oversees the tasks of less experienced programmers and stipulates system troubleshooting supports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop scalable, high-performance software solutions.
- Take ownership of full-stack development, including front-end and back-end components.
- Utilize your expertise in Java, Spring Boot, and microservices to create robust and efficient applications.
- Design and optimize databases using SQL and NoSQL technologies for data storage and retrieval.
- Collaborate with the team to perform code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and ensure high-quality code delivery.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and industry best practices and contribute to knowledge sharing within the team.
What you'll bring:
- At least 4+ years of relevant experience in building highly resilient, highly scalable systems.
- Should be hands on writing/reviewing design & code.
- Understand the product and project management space with Agile methodologies.
- Skillsets: Java, Cloud SQL, Kafka, Azure (or any cloud hands on), Linux, Informix, eSQLC and HOST (Mainframe)
- Good understanding of Cloud architecture and related concepts
- Good knowledge of Containers and Kubernetes
- Hands-on knowledge of Splunk, Dynatrace, Python, Shell scripting
- Good knowledge on DB monitoring, Thread and Heap dump analysis, Unix
- Good to understand Java basics.
- Good communication and collaboration skills to engage with Dev teams and work independently.
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership for development and design of least one cloud-based project - Experience in building extensible platforms, data pipelines are desirable.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 1 year's experience in software engineering or related area.
Primary Location...603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth