Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director, Business Strategy; Walmart Data Ventures
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Strategy & Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1710163
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Data Ventures is focused on productizing Walmart's rich data assets to better serve customers and provide data products that deliver actionable, customer-centric insights to help merchants and brands make better business decisions.
The Senior Director, Business Strategy will play a key role in the continued success and growth of Data Ventures by managing and leading the development and evaluation of new monetization opportunities; from identification, to business case development to proof of concept. The Senior Director will leverage their industry expertise, influencing and collaboration skills, and leadership behaviors to impact long range planning and continued business growth.
In this role, you will:
- Love the problem; and be energized and motivated by the opportunity to help solve
- Be comfortable in ambiguity and a matrix environment
- Answer the question “Do we have the right to win?”
- Lead and develop a team; while working with cross functional partners and departments
The essential functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- Develops the organizational vision and the strategic execution plan by looking at white spaces for future commercialization opportunities; building out financial and strategic business cases; leading proof of concept to validate market opportunity; performing industry and market analysis; defining metrics to track performance; communicating the organizational vision and strategic execution plan; developing decision making frameworks; and communicating progress and measures of success to senior leadership, key stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Oversees the development, prioritization, and execution of key business strategies and communication by leading cross-functional initiatives
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
You’ll wow us with:
- Your knowledge of data industry and/or has broad understanding of data use cases across industries.
- Your ability to be highly creative and be able to develop vision, but also know how to bring the vision to an executable plan.
- Your proven success building and launching innovative data, technology, or analytics product to market
- Your ability to take abstract ideas and concepts and develop tangible recommendations
- Your strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to drive alignment across teams
- 15+ years of relevant experience with 1+ years managing people
- Your demonstrated understanding of International Data
- Your demonstrated experience working across the enterprise to find data solutions
The above represent preferred qualifications
The role can sit in our Hoboken NJ or Bentonville AR offices. This is not a remote position.
At Walmart, we help people save money, so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can't do that without the best talent - talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Social Science, Communications, or related field and 7 years’ experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area OR 9 years’ experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Supply Chain, Masters: Transportation
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth