Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager, Automation Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Automation Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1709150
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do...
With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that delights our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our team members to change the future of Supply Chain! If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role, with the world’s largest retailer, could be the fit you have been looking for.
You will be a part of our Perishable Innovation and Automation team and will report to the Director, Automation Engineering. This is an onsite opportunity and can be based in Bentonville, Arkansas or at one of our Distribution Center locations listed below:
- Shelbyville, TN
- Belvidere, IL
You'll wow us with...
- Supply chain fulfillment or distribution experience
- Construction technologies, Architectural acumen, Refrigeration & fire supression
- BIM360, Navisworks, Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD
- Manufacturing, automation, and/or material handling experience
- Leading and managing projects through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Data analytics, building dashboards and/or data mining
- Ergonomics & safety, preventative maintenance, maintenance access
- Tenacious problem solver and quick learner
About Team: Next Generation Automation Engineering
Are you ready to use your innovative mindset to help create a world class experience for customers for the World’s Largest Retailer? Our Transportation Service Shop provides critical support to our Best In Class Supply Chain that delivers freight to our more than 5,000 Walmart Stores.
What you'll do:
You’ll Make an Impact by...
- Operational Excellence: Explains operational responsibilities of the department and clarify the role and relevance to the enterprise strategy
- Data and Digital Literacy: Use data analysis tools to explore moderately complex data, develop and test hypotheses, influence strategic work, and build and present insights
- Partnership and Collaboration: Engage with team members on a periodic basis to establish credibility and analyze partner needs
- Mechatronics: Cite examples of usage or application of electrical design in automating supply chain processes and demonstrate understanding of schematics and common mechanical components of equipment
- Automation System Design: Describes main measures of success associated with the use of automation machineries.
- Process Flow Design: Interprets information to measure the anticipated outcome of supply chain decisions.
- Automation Integration: Understand the concepts and uses for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Engineering Economics: Describe the concepts behind engineering economics and financial data.
Advanced Analytics: Explain the important concepts.
What you'll bring:
You’ll really impress us if...
- You’re passionate about solving complex problems
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, managing team members, and getting support from leadership
- You have an engineering degree in an Engineering and an Advanced degree in any Discipline.
- At least 8 years of Engineering Experience- Supply Chain a bonus!
About Walmart Walmart Supply Chain
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Future Ways of Working:
Our company's success can be attributed to our employees. While technology has allowed us to be effective while working remotely, there is no substitute for being in the office together; it helps to shape our culture, collaborate, innovate, build relationships, and move more quickly. We strive to provide flexibility in order to promote a healthy work-life balance but recognize that in-person interactions are important to our culture and shared success. We'll meet in person on a regular and purposeful basis.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 4 years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 6
years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth