Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Supply Planning - Direct Imports
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Inventory Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1708323
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
The Supply Planning Manager for Direct Imports deals directly with a vast network of Wholesale distributers across the country to manage and collaborate with stakeholders to direct shipments of inventory to our clubs, on time and in full.
As a Sam’s Club Supply Planning Manager, you will:
- Have ownership over the Supplier – Replenishment - Merchant relationship for a given portfolio of items ensuring industry leading on time, in full (OTIF) performance.
- Understand supply networks and constraints upstream from Sam’s Club and ensure orders are generated in a way that drives industry leading execution.
- Determine the root causes of inventory supply issues and implement solutions and process changes to drive solutions in an operationally efficient way – communicate supply issues and “get well” dates accurately and effectively.
- Address efficiency issues related to Supply Chain and Operations; communicate and coordinate supply plans to ensure all stakeholders within the Supply Chain have plans to support volume.
- Conduct supply chain plans with suppliers on various planning horizons to ensure sales are maximized and Member’s expectations are exceeded. In addition, track inventory through the supply chain to ensure critical in-club dates such as seasonal sets and planograms are always met.
- Action a series of replenishment exceptions daily that affect supply and impact Clubs and Members.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You understand and can enhance processes in the end-to-end retail supply chain
- You have a track record of improving OTIF
- You have experience with Data Analytics (nice to have)
- You have experience with SQL (nice to have)
- You’re Member-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- Are a great all-rounder and can coordinate across Merchandising and the overall supply chain
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working
- You can quickly synthesize large amounts of data into insights and recommendations to drive the business
**Please note that this role will NOT sponsor immigration-related employment benefits, such as an H-1B, TN, L-1, or STEM Extension.
**Relocation will NOT be sponsored as well to Bentonville, Arkansas.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth