Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Technician, General Facilities Maintenance
- Location PRESQUE ISLE, ME
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Facilities Maintenance
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1708277
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you looking for an awesome career with a fun team? Walmart is expanding our General Maintenance and HVAC/R Team for our retail stores. We are looking to grow our team and find top talent to join our fast-paced, friendly environment!
As a Preventative Maintenance Technician in our local retail store, you must be able to diagnose, repair and perform preventative maintenance duties for all commercial equipment as needed to support our Walmart stores. In addition, you will be responsible for developing preventative maintenance schedules and complete assigned PMs in the timeframe outlined, as well as conduct training for Store Associates.
What are the essential functions of the Preventative Maintenance Technician:
· Maintain Preventative Maintenance for all General Maintenance trades in a region of approximately 28 Walmart stores.
· Complete and adhere to all training requirements to safely operate and maintain food service equipment.
· Must be able to log into and utilize industry standard work order management system to accept and complete work requests.
· Conduct daily inspections after service by walking the area and checking for cleanliness and repair needs
· Provide training to Store Associates weekly regarding care and cleaning of equipment.
· Evaluate asset condition and submit recommendations for replacement to management.
· Develop and maintain parts inventory required to support preventative maintenance program in assigned area.
Benefits of the Preventative Maintenance Technician position:
· Eligible for bonus incentive
· Walmart discount
· Paid Time Off that accrues.
· Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
· 401k with company match
· Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
· FREE College through Live Better University
Preventative Maintenance Technician Position Requirements:
· 5+ years of service experience in commercial maintenance
· Familiarity with operating and performing service of equipment including programming and installation.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Vocational or Technical certification and 3 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 5 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade.
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Completion of a 2-year Vocational or Technical trade program, License in related trade in city and/or state where job is located, Using intermediate level functionality of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and presentation software (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Primary Location...100 MOUNT AUBURN AVE, AUBURN, ME 04210-8651, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth