Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Business Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Strategy & Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1707701
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; accordingly, developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Manages the resolution of business issues by reviewing data ; determining needed solutions that fit local needs and can be leveraged across the region; following up with stakeholders to obtain information on unresolved issues; and collaborating with cross-functional teams regarding support for solutions.
Drives change initiatives by identifying and defining desired change and processes; validating value and priority; driving project plans to implement processes; assessing readiness for change; managing expectations; adjusting approaches to have change adopted by the entire organization; and ensuring timely project management from pilot to the execution stage.
Manages the development and implementation of process improvements to improve business results by overseeing evaluation and execution of multiple projects; directing in consultation with leadership regarding solutions; reviewing reports; leveraging customer and operational needs across the division to identify barriers and obstacles that impact performance across the division; and benchmarking competitors' programs.
Provides recommendations to senior management by reviewing feedback; assessing risks ; collaborating with cross-functional partners to develop program enhancements; managing the reporting and communication of key performance metrics; ensuring alignment across functional units; and communicating strategic direction to key stakeholders.
Directs the development, prioritization, and execution of key business strategies and communication by leading cross-functional initiatives that impact store and corporate processes; overseeing the development of business programs and initiatives, customer and company communications, and associate training content.
Live our Values
- Culture Champion: Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Live our Values Servant Leadership: Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
- Embrace Change Curiosity & Courage: Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
- Embrace Change Digital Transformation & Change: Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
- Deliver for the Customer: Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Strategic Thinking: Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
- Focus on our Associates Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
- Focus on our Associates Collaboration & Influence: Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Focus on our Associates Talent Management: Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Social Science, Communications, or related field and 4 years’ experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional teams, Supervisory experience
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth