Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Product Development Men's
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Research and Development
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1706128
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Manager, Product Development, Men's
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
As a Senior Manager, Product Development, you’ll serve as an advocate for our customers and see the products you develop, from ideation to finished product review, come to life in stores and online. Leveraging your skills in communication, market knowledge, sales analysis, quality and fit, you’ll be the expert for Private Brand products within your categories of responsibility and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
You’ll be responsible for all product development decisions in your categories. You’ll be responsible for growing private brand sales with emphasis on quality, value, and customer experience for the in-store and online category to increase loyalty and conversion with the customer.
You’ll need to keep a pulse on trend and innovation and want to be first to market versus the competition. You’ll be responsible for working with cross functional team members including Merchants, Sourcing, Quality, Suppliers, and Brand Design and Development Teams.
What you’ll do…
As a Senior Manager, Product Development you will lead the development, provide innovation and focus on quality to drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience. You will analyze data and facts to negotiate for best cost and quality and teach others to do the same. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, a member customer mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You’ll use your executive presence to work with suppliers and cross functional team members at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You have a competitive spirit of being in front of trend and innovation
- You have prior experience working in footwear
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing strategy and growth of multiple subcategories by identifying relevant trends to meet diverse customer needs
- Lead Walmart strategic supplier initiatives and continue to diversify country of origin to support category expansion
- Growing your category: planning, budgeting, and driving growth for the category and establishing a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape
- Establishing and influencing high-visibility supplier relationships
- Using data and facts to establish your point of view to deliver on customer needs and influence cross functional team to build a winning assortment
- Developing and managing new and existing product lines
- Always looking for creative ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and customer experience
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field and 4 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or
related area OR 6 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Application development experience with emphasis on VBA and SQL programming languages, Creative design software, Financial modeling, Leading and completing cross-functional projects, Manufacturing, product development, or packaging, Microsoft Office, SupervisoryMasters: Arts, Masters: Business, Masters: ScienceProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...203 SE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth