Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Advanced Analytics - Merchandising Transformation
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1703747
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Want to combine your critical thinking & problem-solving abilities with deep analytics to influence the future of omni-channel inventory decisions & product availability?
The Senior Manager of Advanced Analytics – Merchandise Transformation is a critical thought-leadership role with a focus on cross-functionally defining & enabling sophisticated inventory placement and/or target safety stock planning engines. Sitting at the intersection of customer expectations, intelligent automation, business process, supply chain constraints, and product development, you will rely on vision, analytics, and business partner influence to shape the development of our products & inventory planning engines for years to come.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Replenishment Transformation, you will bring to life insights gained through leveraging advanced data analytics—statistical modeling, complex data querying, etc…—to ultimately shape strategy, product capability requirements, and development of next generation inventory solutions. Your work in these areas will re-shape the way in which we deploy resources to enable an end-to-end supply chain capable of supporting availability however customers choose to interact with Walmart.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a visionary… anticipating where customer expectations are heading to help shape a strategy for Walmart to leapfrog competition while balancing the needs of today.
- You’re inspiring…leading broad organizational changes isn’t easy, but you educate and motivate others to move forward through effective data-driven insights, communication, and storytelling.
- You’re passionate about inventory management and supply chain planning…having deep functional knowledge of inventory optimization practices and a natural curiosity for driving automation in a retail supply chain environment keeps us competitive.
- You build trust quickly & lead by influence…creating sustainable business impact by delivering results through cross-functional partnership, as well as extreme end-to-end ownership.
- You know big data…and, most importantly, how to translate complex information into user-friendly insights, intuitive tools, product requirements, etc…ultimately to influence business strategy.
- You’ve got analytical skills…as a competent practitioner of common analytical languages & data visualization tools, such as: Google BQ, R, Tableau, Power BI, Looker, etc…
- You’re familiar working around product, data science, & tech teams…bringing transformational inventory management capabilities to life in a cross-functional setting.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Setting strategic direction on corporate initiatives related to business technology capabilities (products) and evolves work processes to leverage automation for an enhanced Walmart customer experience.
- Driving visibility to business performance by defining KPIs, and how they will be measured and monitored for broad utilization across large groups of stakeholders.
- Providing data-driven insights and analysis to influence the development and deployment of business strategies.
- Becoming an invaluable strategic partner to internal stakeholders by partnering with various internal teams to unify business processes, identify opportunities for automation, and scale best practice & governance across the organization.
- Communicating effectively to achieve leadership support and influence large groups of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Performing business &/or statistical analysis to understand drivers of performance, predict outcomes, and influence business decisions.
- Partnering with data science teams to leverage advanced predictive analytics for various business use cases.
- Successfully navigating in ambiguous environments, with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, in pursuit of end-to-end business process improvement.
- Promoting and supporting company mission, values, & standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, FTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 4 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 6 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis, Statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R)Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Primary Location...PHYLLIS ST. N OF HWY 102, WEST SIDE OF STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth