Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manger WFS Strategy and Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1703474
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Manger WFS Strategy and Analytics
Walmart Fulfillment Services is looking for a Senior Manager, Advanced Analytics to work as a strategic partner across the organization. This role will work across forecasting, inventory management and allocation, to provide insights through the WFS org as we expand the business. The right candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in a startup environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You will act as a Utility player providing insights and influencing strategic decision making. Maturity, analytical skills, strong influence, negotiation skills, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Manage and execute initiatives from start to finish, including cross-functional project management, data collection and manipulation, analysis and modeling, and the communication of insights and recommendations
- Build scalable and complex supply chain models and processes to develop forecasting, inventory management & supply chain network strategies with the goal of growing sellers, SKUs, inventory health for WFS, and delivering an excellent customer experience while achieving operating cost and service targets
- Develop strong relationships & partner with functional areas like product, data science, engineering, business operations, supply chain, category managers to drive initiatives.
- Lead business planning & intelligence function by developing bottom-up modeling approach for creating annual operating plans and long range plans. Monitor progress for the plans and pivot when actuals do align with plans
- Identify areas of opportunity and influence execution of results via cross-functional participation to enable quick wins and continuous improvement
- Obtain alignment from relevant business partners and management support for projects and lead discussions to drive change
- Effectively organize, assemble, and use all available resources when given a project to ensure success
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Bring a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within the forecasting, inventory management, supply chain, utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling, and optimization
- Are adept at dealing with ambiguity and making independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand
- Excel in communicating with individuals and groups at all levels of an organization
- 10+ years of experience in Analytics Strategic role
- Excellent Presentation skills (powerpoint), writing strategic documents
- Comfortable being hands-on with analytical tools - SQL, Python, etc.
- Strategic / Tactical mindset:
- Ability to make decisions based on data/ Insights in real time
- Analytics / Data Science skillset
- Demonstrated record to develop talent, coach team (indirect management/influence of team)
- Supply Chain & Inventory management, eCom transportation S&OP background a plus
- Program management / Consulting background a plus
- Judgement: good ability to manage autonomously, scale up,
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 4 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 6 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis, Statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R)Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth