Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior, Data Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1702614
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do...
As part of the Intelligent Tech Data Pipeline team, you will partner collaboratively with business and technical stakeholders to maintain the organization’s data, ensure polices, processes, and standards are adhered to so that consistent and trusted data drives business initiatives and powers data driven decision making in a reliable, repeatable, and scalable way. Ensure data pipeline is compliant, secure, discoverable, traceable, and of high quality.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; accordingly, developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application and ensuring compliance with them.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Our team owns interfaces that allow in-store and edge solutions to send data into a centralized data store, where it can be used by the business to reduce cost, customer friction, and make better business decisions.
What you'll do:
- Supporting and driving long-term and short-term strategies for achieving business outcomes, especially in Data Engineering Space.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to identify business problems and opportunities.
- Acquiring data from disparate data sources using API's, SQL and NoSQL.
- Transform data using SQL, NoSQL, and Python. Visualizing data using a diverse tool set including but not limited to Python and R.
- Collaborating with engineering and product teams to deploy data engineering solutions in Google and Azure clouds.
- Communicating effectively to all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Guiding and mentoring junior associates on Technical and Non-Technical aspects in the Data Engineering Space.
- Good to have experience applying and integrating with sophisticated data science and advanced analytics models such as machine learning, statistical modeling, simulation, and optimization to produce valuable insights that guide decision-making and enhance business outcomes.
You will be responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, testing and deployment of technical solutions to follow Data Engineering requirements,
- Data Quality
- Data Access control
- Data Classification etc.
What you'll bring:
- Highly proficient coding in one or more languages: Java, C++, Python, Spark, Scala, Go or R.
- Highly experienced in Spark and Distributed computing frameworks.
- Highly experience in programming design patterns.
- Highly proficient with CI/CD tool like Git, Looper, Jenkins etc. and workflow orchestration tools like Airflow/ Automic etc.
- Expertise in designing, developing and deploying big data applications in Google Cloud Platform.
- Proven advanced development experience in leading data-driven projects from design to execution, driving and influencing project roadmaps.
- Deep expertise in writing and debugging complex SQL queries.
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills / Abstract thinking – ability to understand a real-life problem, make the right judgement of problem statement, and give a feasible design of solution.
- Experience in interacting with business stakeholders and effectively drive conversations.
- Data Modeling knowledge of: Cloud data strategy, data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms; Data modeling techniques and tools (For example, Dimensional design and scalability), Entity Relationship diagrams, Erwin, etc. ; Query languages SQL / NoSQL; Data flows through the different systems; Tools supporting automated data loads; Artificial Intelligent - enabled metadata management tools and techniques.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 5 years’ experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 1 year’s experience in software engineering or related
2 years' experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud, Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Primary Location...PHYLLIS ST. N OF HWY 102, WEST SIDE OF STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth