Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Group Director, Product Development
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Research and Development
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1702301
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As a Group Director of Product Development and Sourcing, you will play a crucial role leading a team responsible for product development, sourcing, and execution to ensure our Member’s Mark items wow our members with new and different items, match our members needs and meet their quality expectations. You will work collaboratively within the Member’s Mark organization, with Sam’s Merchants, with Sam’s Global Sourcing and suppliers to execute our business strategy.
You’ll make an impact by...
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices for Member’s Mark.
- Analyzing cost and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Looking for creative ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and customer
- Drives the development of multiple business plans across many categories and projects by identifying member and merchant needs; develop and communicate business plans and priorities; remove barriers and obstacles that impact performance; provide resources; identify performance standards; measure progress and adjust performance; develop contingency plans; and demonstrate adaptability and support continuous learning.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged team focused on serving the Sam’s Club member.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if...
- You enjoy owning and developing plans for highly complex category strategy, supporting long term business plans and executing prioritized strategic initiatives.
- You are omni channel customer focused: You make member-centric recommendations and decisions across all member touchpoints. Constantly incorporate applicable and actionable feedback. Understand member behavior across channels, or within relevant channels. Guide suppliers and vendors in the development of member focused processes and products.
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition. workforce by experience in private brands/own brand space.
- You develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
*Please note that this role will NOT sponsor immigration-related employment benefits, such as an H-1B, TN, L-1, or STEM Extension.
**Relocation is required to Bentonville, Arkansas.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Retail Merchandising, or related field and 7 years’ experience in business management, merchandising, or related area OR 9 years’ experience in business management, merchandising, or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Profit and Loss (P&L) Responsibility, Project ManagementMasters, Masters: ArtsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt - Certification
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth